PDA

View Full Version : I joined Folding At home....I think

teabgs
Oct 5, 2002, 04:46 PM
So I downloaded it and all, but I don't knowif its actually working, or if IM signed up...do i have to fill anything out or something?

I opened it and all it says is "loading...benchmarking..."

Doesnt seem to be doing anything.....lemme know...

Mr. Anderson
Oct 5, 2002, 04:49 PM
Did you put in your username and team number 3446?

Let us know how long it takes to do a unit (and how many points or the type of unit you get) And you might have to do a little extra configuration to get both processors working correctly - search the threads on the info or talk to jello, he's got the dual set up as well.

Glad to have you on board!

D

teabgs
Oct 5, 2002, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I put my name and team number in....and it IS working I have 1% done now....I'm running AIM and iTunes is ripping all my cd's as I sit here and read my hw....so its not using ALL my power....but I'll let you know....is there a way for it to tell me ho wlong it took?

teabgs
Oct 6, 2002, 12:53 AM
it took 7 hours for the 1 unit. ...... I got .69 points.....Dont know if thats good or whatnot....but have 9% of another done so far...

bousozoku
Oct 6, 2002, 09:09 AM
It seems to me that it took 11.x hours to complete one of those on my dual 800, so that's good speed.

Rower_CPU
Oct 6, 2002, 02:33 PM
Welcome to the team, tea'!

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers your machine puts up. :D

teabgs
Oct 6, 2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Welcome to the team, tea'!

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers your machine puts up. :D

thanx!

hehehe....I'm looking forward to it too......so far though, I've been using my computer while its been running...but I should get a lot of units done between now and thursday (I'm mostly never at home these days). It'll have lots of time available between my processors.......