PDA

View Full Version : Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Begin

MacRumors
Oct 7, 2011, 02:19 AM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/07/sprint-and-verizon-iphone-4s-pre-orders-begin/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/10/iphone_4s_white_side_shot.jpg

Pre-orders for the new iPhone 4S were supposed to kick off at 12:01 a.m. pacific. Both VerizonWireless.com (http://www.verizonwireless.com) and Sprint.com (http://sprint.com) websites became available just at that time for preorders, while Apple's and AT&Ts have not yet updated.

Apple's website is having some intermittent errors presumably due to the traffic. Sprint's pre-orders also seems to having some troubles while we've seen successful Verizon pre-orders already.

Article Link: Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Begin (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/07/sprint-and-verizon-iphone-4s-pre-orders-begin/)

Mad Mac Maniac
Oct 7, 2011, 02:23 AM
trying to order....

DarthVedder
Oct 7, 2011, 02:23 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Refresh refresh refresh

Black107
Oct 7, 2011, 02:24 AM
Even worse than last year so far on the Apple/ATT side, what a mess.

neile45
can't get anywhere on Sprint.com :(

ddeadserious
On the AT&T page, I got to where I selected the capacity and color for the 4S. Selected 32GB, White, and then it failed to load. Haven't been able to get to that page again. :(

JustinDaigle
Actually, the preorder option is there for AT&T... just not working. ><

Ah well, screw tomorrow's classes. This is more important.

jaimefer
Oct 7, 2011, 02:25 AM
its been 25 min, and still no luck :/

iThink Apple
Oct 7, 2011, 02:25 AM
COME ON SPRINT!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

DarthVedder
Oct 7, 2011, 02:26 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Deja vu... :(

greytmom
Oct 7, 2011, 02:26 AM
I haven't seen any sign of pre-orders being available on AT&T yet. Got a message one time that they were updating the site. Other than that, still gives me the same upgrade options as earlier in the evening.

kjp
Oct 7, 2011, 02:27 AM
Hurry up, Apple. I would like to go to sleep.

jffmrk
Oct 7, 2011, 02:27 AM
I just pre-ordered on Verizon and had no issues.

jaimefer
Oct 7, 2011, 02:28 AM
We'll be back soon.

applemacfan007
Oct 7, 2011, 02:28 AM
Submitted order at 12.01. The option to purchase was loaded earlier. The weird thing was that it asked me if i want to include a Sim card and when i said yes, it forced me to buy a global data plan. I hope I will be able to cancel it when I get the phone. I didn't want to get the phone without a sim card.

Force332
Oct 7, 2011, 02:29 AM
I guess there was an upside about going with Verizon after all. I was able to pre-order pretty quick. Sorry a lot of you still have to wait! Goodnight everyone! Hope you don't have to wait too much longer!

OrangeSVTguy
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

So is only the mobile version of MR working?

kjp
"I just pre-ordered on Verizon and had no issues."

I am surprised that Verizon is up and running, but not Apple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4

greytmom
Oct 7, 2011, 02:30 AM
Sigh. I'm now getting the "pre-order now" button, but when I get to the place where you choose the phone, 4S isn't listed yet.

Austinjwalker
Oct 7, 2011, 02:33 AM
Here's my problem.

Got in on Verizon (upgrading from blackberry). I clicked to keep my same existing plan which is unlimited data. Then it made me choose on the next screen from 2, 5, or 10 GB plans! It wouldn't let me NOT choose. How long do you have on verizon to edit your account? Because I should be grandfathered in, but it's not letting that be an option.

garylapointe
Oct 7, 2011, 02:33 AM
Meh!

Fail for Store.Apple.com and ATT.com

Going back to bed. Will set alarm for 6:66am and try again :)

Gary

TheCookie
Oct 7, 2011, 02:34 AM
On Verizon.

I'm a little concerned because I didn't receive a confirmation email or anything, and I'm jumping the AT&T ship with the 4S.

But I printed the page that gave me an order number, so hopefully I'm okay?

xian67
Oct 7, 2011, 02:34 AM
How the hell do you pre order from AT&T. AT&T is the first carrier to have the iPhone and they can't even get their site working.

jav6454
Oct 7, 2011, 02:35 AM
I have a feeling. Verizon's orders are to Verizon without verification from Apple.

AT&T's on the other hand use Apple's systems (because of having been the exclusive) and must wait on Apple for actual confirmations.

Sprint... well, thats always a mess.

Chris2k11
Getting nothing on apple. Still says site is down. AT&T gives me the option to chose which number I want to upgrade and nothing. Just times out or redirects to an error page. Been trying sense 2:01 my time.

ProwlingTiger
Meh!

...6:66am...

fail much? Good luck with getting that alarm to work ;)

scootaru
Verizon keeps saying I'm not a registered user and won't let me pre-order.

Anonymous Freak
Oct 7, 2011, 02:37 AM
Half an hour gone by...

Apple's site still down.

Sprint's store won't load.

Verizon's site lets you pick the phone, then fails to respond. Looks like it's letting me through after a couple retries, though.

AT&T's site, instead of trumpeting the iPhone 4S, has a memorial to Steve Jobs. Very classy. But their store is acting up for me.

Chris2k11
If you edit your date plan any or upgrade in this case you lose it.

Cheddz
Trying to upgrade two accounts...one is an iPhone 3GS and I was able to see the pre order button, choose the phone I wanted, and then it timed out. Haven't been able to get it back since.

Other phone is a blackberry. Eligible for an upgrade, but the iPhone 4S isn't even an option. I can Pre-order an 8GB iPhone 4 though. Anyone else running into this issue? I checked eligibility before today and it said I was good to go...It's obviously offering me other iPhones at upgrade pricing...Ideas?

StuddedLeather
Hurry up, Apple. I would like to go to sleep.

Seriously! This Pacific Time doesn't work for the east coast lol.

scootaru
I started the pre-order process as a new user on Verizon and it let me do it, but I keep getting cockblocked trying to upgrade as an existing customer.

Austinjwalker
Oct 7, 2011, 02:38 AM
If you edit your date plan any or upgrade in this case you lose it.

if you mean upgrade as in change your plan, yes you lose it. If you mean upgrade as in go from one phone to another (on verizon) no you don't lose it.

Trying to upgrade two accounts...one is an iPhone 3GS and I was able to see the pre order button, choose the phone I wanted, and then it timed out. Haven't been able to get it back since.

Other phone is a blackberry. Eligible for an upgrade, but the iPhone 4S isn't even an option. I can Pre-order an 8GB iPhone 4 though. Anyone else running into this issue? I checked eligibility before today and it said I was good to go...It's obviously offering me other iPhones at upgrade pricing...Ideas?
which carrier?

Steelers7510
Oct 7, 2011, 02:38 AM
I know this is really anal of me but when I try and check my order status on Verizon's website it says this "We have experienced technical difficulty while processing your order.
Please contact Us.". I already got my order confirmation email and everything. Is anybody seeing this?

whiteshadoww
Oct 7, 2011, 02:39 AM
Apple's web site says "We will be right back" and after 70ish calls, I get through to 800 my apple but now I'm dealing with dead silence. I guess I'll stay on the telephone line hoping someone will pick up at 80-0 my apple......

LTLT
This is frustrating... very frustrating,:mad:

Cheddz
[QUOTE=
which carrier?[/QUOTE]

AT&T in both cases.

TaterSalad
Oct 7, 2011, 02:40 AM
No ATT link yet. Apple Store down from web and iOS App. Also, 1-800-MY-APPLE gets busy signal or automated rejection.

Anonymous Freak
Submitted order at 12.01. The option to purchase was loaded earlier. The weird thing was that it asked me if i want to include a Sim card and when i said yes, it forced me to buy a global data plan. I hope I will be able to cancel it when I get the phone. I didn't want to get the phone without a sim card.

I'm assuming you ordered on either Verizon or Sprint.

Their native CDMA service doesn't need a SIM. Both offer a SIM for world-mode phones to allow you to use the GSM half of the phone. So if you say "yes" to that question, they assume you want the GSM half active and bump you to the global plans.

For people who want Verizon or Sprint:
Do not ask for a SIM unless you plan on using Verizon or Sprint's global coverage! If you want to use it on AT&T, T-Mobile, or a local carrier elsewhere in the world, do *NOT* ask for a SIM.

scootaru
I know this is really anal of me but when I try and check my order status on Verizon's website it says this "We have experienced technical difficulty while processing your order.
Please contact Us.". I already got my order confirmation email and everything. Is anybody seeing this?

Did you upgrade as an existing customer?

Austinjwalker
question from a blackberry guy. if i go to bed and just try and preorder during the day, is it going to be this hectic still?

Chris2k11
Oct 7, 2011, 02:41 AM
@whiteshadow having same issue

lapis
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8L1)

I got to the end with Verizon, but it didn't offer me the Apple+ service so I didn't hit Submit. Don't we have to buy that with the phone?

Ashyukun
Sheesh. I've TWICE gotten through to Apple's phone orders only to have the system apparently barf and just sit there after I've selected 'iphone' through their selection system. Up to nearly 75 times trying to get through... :mad:

kildjean
Its 2:39am in Euless, TX... Sigh. I want to reserve the 4S for my wife's upcoming birthday she has been stuck in a 3G for ever... and she is just in time for her upgrade, I want to surprise her.

Apple Store is still down and so is the ATT one...

Do you guys think the 4S will be sold out (of preorders) tonight? Should I stick around a while longer or you guys think I could go to sleep and do this tomorrow morning.

Will be pissed if I can't get this for her.

K.

OrangeSVTguy
site is up APple anyways!

kobyh15
Oct 7, 2011, 02:42 AM
ATT's website is a POS. Was able to pick my version and get to checkout and clicked on "Checkout" and then it timed out. Now I can't even get to the page to select a version. This is ridiculous.

StuddedLeather
Okay I'm getting a really messed up apple store page. . .

Trying to preorder now.

Steelers7510
Did you upgrade as an existing customer?

Yes my order was actually really complicated though. I upgraded two lines one of them I had to transfer the upgrade from another line. So maybe that has something to do with it or im just retarded for trying to track my order right now haha.

DarthVedder
Oct 7, 2011, 02:43 AM

Please wIt while we access your AT&T account information ...

Chris2k11
@darth got there too

kildjean
its lagging when choosing the account...

OrangeSVTguy
Oct 7, 2011, 02:45 AM

Please wIt while we access your AT&T account information ...

We are currently experiencing high volumes of iPhone orders and may require up to 2 minutes to access your AT&T account information. In order to maintain the priority of your order, please remain on this page.

Been more than 2 minutes now for me lol.

xian67
Oct 7, 2011, 02:45 AM
its lagging when choosing the account...

Same here.

Austinjwalker
Oct 7, 2011, 02:46 AM
me too. i just want to go to sleep but i don't want pre-orders to run out. my blackberry cant make phone calls right now.

StuddedLeather
Oct 7, 2011, 02:47 AM
The Apple site is still acting up. . .

I click on existing and replace and it just blinks but goes/does nothing. :(

WTF!

JustinDaigle
Oct 7, 2011, 02:47 AM
Still getting the P1234 error on AT&T. People getting anything else, how are you doing it?

DarthVedder
Oct 7, 2011, 02:48 AM

WTF!

same :(

nachotaco
Finally got mine in through the Apple Store App! Said it would be delivered on the 14th! 327.03 with tax

Got to keep my unlimited too...in case anyone was worried about that

alksion
Sucks for everyone! I'm just going to camp out on thursday night and get my iPhone 4S on friday morning at 8am!

Good luck......

kriggo15
Getting P1234 error with AT&T and timing out when trying to check eligibility through Apple store.

Phima256
Oct 7, 2011, 02:49 AM

WTF!

Doing the same for me.

Chris2k11
Having success with apple store app for iPhone but if your not pre ordering for that phone can't add other lines.

xian67
Still getting the P1234 error on AT&T. People getting anything else, how are you doing it?

I'm trying from the apple website. I was entering my # zip and SS, hit enter and got an error. How are you doing through AT&T?

OrangeSVTguy
Sucks for everyone! I'm just going to camp out on thursday night and get my iPhone 4S on friday morning at 8am!

Good luck......

Better leave Wednesday lol.

JustinDaigle
Oct 7, 2011, 02:50 AM
I'm trying from the apple website. I was entering my # zip and SS, hit enter and got an error. How are you doing through AT&T?

Directly from the AT&T site. Can't do it through Apple, unfortunately, as I don't know the SSN on the account. Kinda stupid that they ask that really. =/

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 02:51 AM
Am getting same issue on Apple's site where it is making me choose a data plan, even though I already have an iPhone with unlimited data. I see unlimited for 30.00/mo which is what I pay with my grandfathered plan, so I guess I'll choose that....

kriggo15
The AT&T Upgrader app is a piece of crap...

coopdogggg
Sprint on apple store:

At this time, we are only taking online iPhone orders for current Sprint customers upgrading a phone on an existing line. If you're a new customer, or simply want to add a new line to an existing account, please select this option and click "Continue".
There you'll see how and when an iPhone can be purchased at your local Apple Retail Store.

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 02:52 AM
Finally got mine in through the Apple Store App! Said it would be delivered on the 14th! 327.03 with tax

Got to keep my unlimited too...in case anyone was worried about that

Did it make you choose a data plan and you just chose Unlimited for the old 30.00 price?

Austinjwalker
Am getting same issue on Apple's site where it is making me choose a data plan, even though I already have an iPhone with unlimited data. I see unlimited for 30.00/mo which is what I pay with my grandfathered plan, so I guess I'll choose that....

for verizon on apple's site? Maybe i'll try that instead of via verizon.

kildjean
Its like the whole process has hickups...
Stuck now at choosing data plan. The unlimited plan is looking good for $5 more than the 2GB one

StealthscrapE
got it to work on the iOS app for ATT and through apple.com. Before it wasn't even opening, but now it lets me choose the phone. still trying to complete the purchase.

KylePowers
Oct 7, 2011, 02:53 AM
I tied a reservation to my Apple ID, but haven't gotten the email for confirmation/to finish my order. What does this mean O_o

xian67
Oct 7, 2011, 02:54 AM
I got it!!!
When it gets to the page where you enter your phone # and all that jazz wait about 30 seconds to a minute to let it fully load then enter your info. Same thing when you are choosing the data.

Austinjwalker
I tied a reservation to my Apple ID, but haven't gotten the email for confirmation/to finish my order. What does this mean O_o

it means we're all addicts.

i need to go to bed lol. will pre-orders run out if i just wait till tomorrow when I can figure out my verizon grandfather stuff?

Chris2k11
"We are currently experiencing high volumes and may require up to 1 minutes to process your request."
Lol at apple.

iwitch
Oct 7, 2011, 02:55 AM
Sprint on apple store:

At this time, we are only taking online iPhone orders for current Sprint customers upgrading a phone on an existing line. If you're a new customer, or simply want to add a new line to an existing account, please select this option and click "Continue".
There you'll see how and when an iPhone can be purchased at your local Apple Retail Store.

I just saw that too.

It would have been nice if that had been disclosed UP FRONT so that I didn't wake up at 3 am trying for an hour to get an iPhone 4S on Sprint for absolutely nothing. I'm going to bed... :mad:

Cheddz
for verizon on apple's site? Maybe i'll try that instead of via verizon.

No, for AT&T...but my request timed out at the last minute

jkane08
got mine ordered :-)

alksion
Oct 7, 2011, 02:56 AM
Better leave Wednesday lol.

Funny gesture, but here in LA/OC we have many apple stores. While it will be extremely busy and have a long line starting early, I think I'll be okay.

I'm thinking Ill arrive at 8 or 9pm. What do you think?

StuddedLeather
Oct 7, 2011, 02:57 AM
"We are currently experiencing high volumes and may require up to 1 minutes to process your request."
Lol at apple.

Ha mine says 2 Minutes. Maybe I'm online behind you!

KylePowers
Oct 7, 2011, 02:58 AM
Got the email confirmation for my reservation; but I haven't gotten the email to finish my order =\

Maybe it's because I didn't enter the SS# right? =(

Chris2k11

If so your now ahead, mine timed out.

StuddedLeather
Your request couldn’t be processed.

We’re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

::starts over::

Yomama126
Oct 7, 2011, 02:59 AM
Spinning my wheels at the 1 min mark at the Apple Store :)

StealthscrapE
Oct 7, 2011, 02:59 AM

Mine said two minutes and when I looked again it said one minute. I guess it is updating in real time...

AHHHH!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
"Could not process your request, please try again later"

Yomama126
Oct 7, 2011, 03:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Me, too :eek:

Chris2k11
Oct 7, 2011, 03:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And now its stuck processing my request after I type in my account info.

TaterSalad
Oct 7, 2011, 03:01 AM
Got to final check out step on Apple.com. But it just booted me back to my cart. Did my order place?

xian67
I still can't believe it's not on AT&T's website yet.

Cheddz
AT&T says I am eligible for iPhone upgrade but doens't give 4S as an option on their site...anyone else experiencing this??

kildjean
Arrrrrrrgh!!!

I almost had it then I went back to get the unlimited plan for $30 and it botched the whole freaking thing... Now I have to start over...

kriggo15
Oct 7, 2011, 03:02 AM
same here. processing information... processing information...

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 03:02 AM
I still can't believe it's not on AT&T's website yet.

Ok good, I'm not the only one then...

bhsu21
Oct 7, 2011, 03:03 AM
Apple still doesn't work for me. ATT did. Pre ordered for two lines

----------

Ok good, I'm not the only one then...

Really? I just pre ordered two on ATT's website

https://www.att.com/phoneupgrade/

StuddedLeather
Oct 7, 2011, 03:03 AM
Me, too :eek:

The same!

I'm about to try via the Apple Store App. Wish me luck.

katzha
Oct 7, 2011, 03:04 AM
I have a reservation number for an ATT phone as of 3:45 AM EDT, but no phone. This explanation:

Why am I unable to complete my order right now?
We are currently unable to reach your carrier’s systems to process the information that you have provided. We will hold on to the information you have entered and use it to confirm phone pricing and eligibility for your account.

Chris2k11

----------

Really? I just pre ordered two on ATT's website?

Just tried att and still giving that P1234 error.

xian67

----------

Really? I just pre ordered two on ATT's website

https://www.att.com/phoneupgrade/

Wtf? I doesn;t show me the 4S option.

Only

Apple iPhone 4

Yomama126
and I thought I could do this without coffee :(

KylePowers
Oct 7, 2011, 03:05 AM
I have a reservation number for an ATT phone as of 3:45 AM EDT, but no phone. This explanation:

Why am I unable to complete my order right now?
We are currently unable to reach your carrier’s systems to process the information that you have provided. We will hold on to the information you have entered and use it to confirm phone pricing and eligibility for your account.
Same here! I guess maybe ATTs systems can't keep up?

bhsu21
Oct 7, 2011, 03:06 AM
Just tried att and still giving that P1234 error.

So weird. I just tried again and loaded https://www.att.com/phoneupgrade/ page.

kildjean
Oct 7, 2011, 03:07 AM
I tried doing this through the ATT site but I got the following:

There was a problem with your request.
P1234: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. Please contact Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008 Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time for assistance with your request. Please reference Error P1234 if you speak to a representative about this error.

WTF is error P1234....?

roalkl
Oct 7, 2011, 03:09 AM
Checking eligibility on Sprint account (via Apple website)....
---
Account type not supported.

We’re sorry. Your account type is not supported. Please contact your Sprint account manager or call *2 from your Sprint phone in order to verify your eligibility and complete your iPhone purchase.
---
That isn't funny.
1) I have a family everything data plan.
2) The phone I am trying to upgrade is eligible, we have been waiting for the iPhone to come out to upgrade.
3) Calling *2 sends me to Sprint's website
4) Sprint's site: This section of the site is temporarily unavailable.

yashrg
When do you think Sprint's site will be up and running again? I believe everyone over at Sprint is sleeping and won't get a clue about the website being down until well into the day tomorrow.

Chris2k11
So weird. I just tried again and loaded https://www.att.com/phoneupgrade/ page.

Its says my device is not supported. And for me to login to the myatt.com

xian67
I picked my data plan and I've been on We are currently experiencing high volumes and may require up to 1 minutes to process your request. for like 10 minutes.

erino
I just bought on ATT

First: UPDATE YOUR BILLING ADDRESS
Second: Start upgrade process. ON left, there is a filter. CHECK SHOW PREORDER
Third: LEARN MORE about phone you want, select color and add to cart on learn more page.

Proceed.

Yay.

xian67
Oct 7, 2011, 03:11 AM
I keep getting this on that AT&T link

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5256/33417248.jpg

StuddedLeather
Nothing is working for me.

These company's have billions in revenue yet can't maintain heavy site traffic! Still love Apple but I'm getting tired and I really don't want to wait 2 months to get a 4S like I had to wait for my iP4. :(

NEchris
I think the apple is trying to verify through sprint, and the sprint servers are overloaded.. therefore not working... :(

Chris2k11
Oct 7, 2011, 03:12 AM
I think the apple is trying to verify through sprint, and the sprint servers are overloaded.. therefore not working... :(

I also thing thats what wrong with ATT

:Tex:
Oct 7, 2011, 03:12 AM
AT&T's site trying to strip my unlimited data plan...

screw that...

roalkl
Oct 7, 2011, 03:13 AM
Sprint iPhone 4S section now available:
http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_wall.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Phones

Logged in, picked phone, now asked to pick plan. Family data plan not available despite in the information section the family plan being an option.

Chris2k11
Oct 7, 2011, 03:13 AM
Now when I click pre-order I get a 404 error

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 03:14 AM
So what if my billing address is different than my shipping address.......

brett.fish
Oct 7, 2011, 03:16 AM
I tried on Apple for almost an hour, went on AT&T and it took me about 30 seconds, already have the confirmation email

They don't strip your unlimited plan, you'll still have unlimited it's just a billing thing - they offer you Unlimited for $30/month (which is what you're paying now). They don't even offer unlimited usually, Sprint is the only one now. So just accept it and re-add the "unlimited" plan

xian67
Oct 7, 2011, 03:16 AM
ATTENTION PEOPLE TRYING TO ORDER FROM THE AT&T WEBSITE. CLEAR YOUR COOKIES AND CACHE AND THEN DO IT!!!!

www.att.com

it worked!

kriggo15
Oct 7, 2011, 03:17 AM
Seems like every time I have to start over, the less progress I make before having to start over again.

yashrg
Oct 7, 2011, 03:17 AM

Logged in, picked phone, now asked to pick plan. Family data plan not available despite in the information section the family plan being an option.

Thank you so much. That is exactly what I am trying to do. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

roalkl
Oct 7, 2011, 03:18 AM

This explains why the Apple site says my current plan is not supported despite Sprint saying it would be
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13500159&postcount=105

allaw
Oct 7, 2011, 03:19 AM
On APPLE's site I am getting "Your request couldn't be processed." message after checking eligibility. But I was able to get through this the first time I tried and went through all the way to select the message plan, but then it got stuck.

On ATT's site I am getting the P1234 error after selecting the phone I am trying to upgrade. I am wondering if this has to do with being a premier member? When I ordered my 3GS 2 yrs ago I have to do it on a special premier site, any other premier member getting this problem?

xian67
Oct 7, 2011, 03:21 AM
ATTENTION PEOPLE TRYING TO ORDER FROM THE AT&T WEBSITE. CLEAR YOUR COOKIES AND CACHE AND THEN DO IT!!!!

www.att.com

it worked!

g

Chris2k11
Oct 7, 2011, 03:25 AM
On APPLE's site I am getting "Your request couldn't be processed." message after checking eligibility. But I was able to get through this the first time I tried and went through all the way to select the message plan, but then it got stuck.

On ATT's site I am getting the P1234 error after selecting the phone I am trying to upgrade. I am wondering if this has to do with being a premier member? When I ordered my 3GS 2 yrs ago I have to do it on a special premier site, any other premier member getting this problem?

Same here. Premiere member having trouble

ludapanda
Oct 7, 2011, 03:26 AM
Got the email confirmation for my reservation; but I haven't gotten the email to finish my order =\

I got the email to finish my order by Saturday 5pm to maintain the priority of my order.
I've been trying but couldn't get through to complete it yet.

soccermom85050
Oct 7, 2011, 03:27 AM
cleared my cache and cookies, and it worked!!!! Got it!!! Thank you so much for the advice!!!!

erino
For people who ordered through AT&T, did you get an email confirmation? I haven't yet and that makes me nervous.

ratbatblue

Yes. This is exactly the set of problems I'm running into. No iPhone order, but now I don't feel so alone. :)

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 03:28 AM
Anyone else getting this on AT&T? After my first time out of pre order attempts I am getting this consistently...

There was a problem with your request.
P1234: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. Please contact Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008 Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time for assistance with your request. Please reference Error P1234 if you speak to a representative about this error.

Apparently yes, people are...

kbeeg
Oct 7, 2011, 03:29 AM
For people who ordered through AT&T, did you get an email confirmation? I haven't yet and that makes me nervous.
Yes I ordered through AT&T and received an email confirmation!

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 03:30 AM

I have a discount on my plan through my company...does that make me premier? What premier site did you have to go to for your 3GS?

TheSilkience
Oct 7, 2011, 03:31 AM
Same here. Premiere member having trouble

I'm having the same problem...

xian67
cleared my cache and cookies, and it worked!! But no white 16g....:(

I got the white 16G! I think I was one of the last ones haha.

Yeah I got one within a minute of my order.

roalkl
This explains why the Apple site says my current plan is not supported despite Sprint saying it would be
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13500159&postcount=105

Made it through on the Sprint Site.
Selected "Shop"->Phones
logged in
Optioned to upgrade a phone
Stepped through, accepted $10 per month Premium Phone Fee
Selected a few options
Payment method
Waited...processing payment...waiting
Confirmation!

StealthscrapE
Oct 7, 2011, 03:33 AM
Looks like one of you west coasters is going to start getting a better chance. I'm about to give up and go to bed. ATT keeps giving me the P1234 error, Apple keeps timing out in the end, and the iOS app just sits at a loading page. Tried clearing cookies and cache, and everything else I can think of. :mad:

StuddedLeather
Oct 7, 2011, 03:33 AM
So it looks like the Premier site is also down. So for us who have premier accounts looks like no pre-orders for us.

I'm going to bed sad and mad. And surely I'm going to work cranky and uptight tomorrow.

Thanks AT&T I always rooted for you but you just earned a strike. :(

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 03:36 AM
I have a FAN account, which I guess is same as Premier? But yea, Premier site is down and no luck through Apple or AT&T. I was able to get my girlfriend's on AT&T's site, but she is on a different account. Had to change the billing address real quick to my billing address so I could pay for it, though. Will just have to switch back after.

kriggo15
Oct 7, 2011, 03:36 AM
So it looks like the Premier site is also down. So for us who have premier accounts looks like no pre-orders for us.

I'm going to bed sad and mad. And surely I'm going to work cranky and uptight tomorrow.

Thanks AT&T I always rooted for you but you just earned a strike. :(

I agree with ya. I'm also a Premier account and no luck here either.

trevorplease
Oct 7, 2011, 03:37 AM
for all of you ordering through ATT, how are you adding the applcare protection + plan? I read that you have to get it at the time you get your phone? But att left no option to?

erino
Oct 7, 2011, 03:39 AM
Yes I ordered through AT&T and received an email confirmation!

Okay, good to know. Pre-ordered again. Got a confirmation email this time. Hopefully there's no double order...

soccermom85050
Oct 7, 2011, 03:40 AM
Well, that was worth the 90 minutes!! Good luck everyone, clear your cache and cookies for the ATT site, then it was a breeze!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Just got my confirmation email, I'm off to bed!!

erino
Oct 7, 2011, 03:40 AM
for all of you ordering through ATT, how are you adding the applcare protection + plan? I read that you have to get it at the time you get your phone? But att left no option to?

I didn't have to get it. I think they're using some visual trickery to make it seem like you have to get it, but there's an option to say NO (and I think it's the default). All I had to do was change my data plan. I didn't have to click anything other than a data plan and update order.

allaw
Oct 7, 2011, 03:41 AM
If you have a company discount then most probably you are premier. Click the business button on the top left at www.att.com and look on the right, there's a premier login but all links on the business site directs you to a att under construction page. I am wondering if we are not allowed to upgrade yet.

Anyway, I have no luck with either ATT or APPLE, so I am going to bed now and try my luck tomorrow. When I ordered my 3GS 2 years ago i remember some ppl are saying they have different phone allocation for regular and premier members, when some models from the regular site are out they are still available for premier members, I hope this is the case now as we aren't even able to make the purchase, and we are already up at these wee hours of the night. Good luck everyone.

whisla13
Oct 7, 2011, 03:42 AM
I agree with ya. I'm also a Premier account and no luck here either.

No luck here... anyone with a Premier account get their order through?

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 03:43 AM
If you have a company discount then most probably you are premier. Click the business button on the top left at www.att.com and look on the right, there's a premier login but all links on the business site directs you to a att under construction page. I am wondering if we are not allowed to upgrade yet.

Anyway, I have no luck with either ATT or APPLE, so I am going to bed now and try my luck tomorrow. When I ordered my 3GS 2 years ago i remember some ppl are saying they have different phone allocation for regular and premier members, when some models from the regular site are out they are still available for premier members, I hope this is the case now as we aren't even able to make the purchase, and we are already up at these wee hours of the night. Good luck everyone.

Ya I just googled the premier page and am getting the under construction site. Not sure how long it's been like that, so I don't know if it's because they are updating for 4S or if it has been like that days/weeks/months/years...Debating on sleep, but I'd hate to miss out...

trevorplease
Oct 7, 2011, 03:43 AM
I didn't have to get it. I think they're using some visual trickery to make it seem like you have to get it, but there's an option to say NO (and I think it's the default). All I had to do was change my data plan. I didn't have to click anything other than a data plan and update order.

yeah, but I'm talking about the new apple care plan, the $100 one

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/applecare-debuts-for-99-offers-to-cover-accidental-damage-in/

It can be found there, att doesn't even list it

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 03:45 AM
Seems Apple is not longer able to take iPhone pre orders...Getting a message that says they are "temporarily unable".

How do they not think of these things beforehand? Business customers are unable to Pre-Order with everyone else? I mean, cmon...

Yomama126
Oct 7, 2011, 03:46 AM
On the Apple site

We are temporarily unable to take iPhone orders. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.

:(

billinaz
Way to go apple, ya blew it again.

We are temporarily unable to take iPhone orders. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.

xian67
I ordered from AT&T and didn't see anything about the apple protection.

AngusBlood
Same P1234 from ATT any way I try it.
Was getting a long wait and then timeout over and over from apple when trying to check eligibility.

now getting from Apple.com:

Service Not Available

xian67
Oct 7, 2011, 03:50 AM
Was getting a long wait and then timeout over and over from apple when trying to check eligibility.

Service Not Available

Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache? Do this then try it at AT&T.

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 03:54 AM

Service Not Available

If you're a Premier member, you can't use AT&T's site. Premier site is down. Premier number is experiencing "technical difficulties", so they keep hanging up. Apple isn't doing pre orders right now. Welcome to SOL club.

billinaz
Oct 7, 2011, 03:59 AM
FINALLY got my ATT iphone 4S (FAN account) ordered on the apple website...... sort of.

I get this stupid email saying it was reserved and I will get an email letting me know when to come back and get the order completed!

What a load of crap.

neocerebrum
Oct 7, 2011, 04:00 AM
I gave up on Apple's website after dozens of trys, and then I went to AT&T's website, where I had no problems at all and successfully ordered my iPhone 4S and it says it is expected to be delivered on 10/14/2011.
:)

Update: I JUST GOT A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM AT&T !!! woohoo!

kriggo15
Oct 7, 2011, 04:01 AM
Premier member and just got my 2 reserved

becomingwater
Oct 7, 2011, 04:04 AM
My iPhone has been reserved, still waiting on email to verify eligibility. Ordered from Apple.com

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 04:05 AM
AT&T's site works now for Premier members, as well. Just ordered my 32GB Black 4S...Really was torn between 32 and 64 but...with iCloud, I think 32 will suffice.

AngusBlood
Oct 7, 2011, 04:05 AM
Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache? Do this then try it at AT&T.

yes, numerous times, on different browsers and even installed a clean version of chrome and no difference.

neocerebrum
Oct 7, 2011, 04:07 AM
yes, numerous times, on different browsers and even installed a clean version of chrome and no difference.

Have you tried more than one website? After Apple's website kept failing, I went to AT&T and it worked perfectly. Try Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T's website.

billinaz
Oct 7, 2011, 04:07 AM
If the phones are "reserved" then why can we pay for them and get the orders shipping in order.

If they had bothered to tell us that we could only partially get through the order process only to find out they are not actually taking orders, just maintaining a list then I would not have waited up to get the order done.

There is no benefit. I expected to order and get the phone shipped first order first shipped.

I call BS apple.

AngusBlood
Oct 7, 2011, 04:08 AM
Ah.. seems apple no longer pounding ATT systems for eligibility checks by putting up the 'temporarily unable to take iPhone orders' message eased up ATTs systems enough for ATTs own site to start working.

Ordered one, and got ATT confirmation email.

kriggo15
Oct 7, 2011, 04:10 AM
Just pre=ordered mine from AT&T.

Scott-USA
Oct 7, 2011, 04:12 AM
After about an hour of trying... I got all the way to the final check-out on the Apple site... then instead of a confirmation... I got an "OOPS" message. I then tried to order again about 30 more times but Apple was having trouble getting my info from AT&T. When I did finally get though again... I got a message saying I already had my iphone reserved and Apple sent me an email with a confirmation number. They are saying they will send me another email when they can access my AT&T information, and then I can finalize my order through the Apple website.

mrow
Oct 7, 2011, 04:17 AM
Preordered through AT&T. Got fed up with Apple's website. Still have a reservation I'll probably give to someone at work if they want it.

Rogue Kill
Oct 7, 2011, 04:21 AM
I got threw on the ATT site but when I get to the summary it says:

Your new device requires a different Data Add-on Plan than you currently have. We selected a compatible Data Add-on Plan for you. If you want a different plan, you can change the Data Add-on Plan by selecting Change here or from within myAT&T after you receive and activate your new device

I have the old unlimited and I'm not sure if they are trying to take it away. Anybody experience the same thing?

??????

Anyone? ;)

neocerebrum
Oct 7, 2011, 04:30 AM
I got threw on the ATT site but when I get to the summary it says:

Your new device requires a different Data Add-on Plan than you currently have. We selected a compatible Data Add-on Plan for you. If you want a different plan, you can change the Data Add-on Plan by selecting Change here or from within myAT&T after you receive and activate your new device

I have the old unlimited and I'm not sure if they are trying to take it away. Anybody experience the same thing?

??????

Yes. At first I was shocked/upset, but then I clicked "continue" and realized we still get an unlimited data plan with the 4S. The difference is that the plan we had before is called "unlimited data plan for iPhone 4" and the new plan is called "unlimited data plan for iPhone 4S." :cool:

Rogue Kill
Oct 7, 2011, 04:32 AM
Yes. At first I was shocked/upset, but then I clicked "continue" and realized we still get an unlimited data plan with the 4S. The difference is that the plan we had before is called "unlimited data plan for iPhone 4" and the new plan is called "unlimited data plan for iPhone 4S." :cool:

Do you mean you went to checkout? After clicking the 2yr. agreement?

thx

neocerebrum
Oct 7, 2011, 04:36 AM
Do you mean you went to checkout? After clicking the 2yr. agreement?

thx

It gave me a chart, where I selected the data plan. I don't remember if I clicked to agree to the 2yr before or after that page, but you will see a page that allows you to select your data plan (it's already checked for you - you just have to review it).

Rogue Kill
Oct 7, 2011, 04:38 AM
It gave me a chart, where I selected the data plan. I don't remember if I clicked to agree to the 2yr before or after that page, but you will see a page that allows you to select your data plan (it's already checked for you - you just have to review it).

Did you go through Apple? When I get that message at the top, it shows $30 for my plan. If I click the change button it does not offer or mention any unlimited plan. The only options are the new plans. However, when I select change and see those plans there isn't any plan selected either.

I'm on a page that says ATT upgrader, and the plan just says "data add on plan."

neocerebrum
Oct 7, 2011, 04:49 AM
Did you go through Apple? When I get that message at the top, it shows $30 for my plan. If I click the change button it does not offer or mention any unlimited plan. The only options are the new plans. However, when I select change and see those plans there isn't any plan selected either.

I'm on a page that says ATT upgrader, and the plan just says "data add on plan."

I used AT&T's website with my computer. I'm just telling you what I experienced. I made sure to very carefully read everything. I don't know what you're seeing, but I would recommend reading it carefully and you might realize you just read it wrong the first time. If I had I known I would be asked, I would have taken screenshots. :)

According to my browser history, this was the URL of the page: https://www.att.com/phoneupgrade/services/data.jsp

Rogue Kill
Oct 7, 2011, 04:56 AM
I used AT&T's website with my computer. I'm just telling you what I experienced. I made sure to very carefully read everything. I don't know what you're seeing, but I would recommend reading it carefully and you might realize you just read it wrong the first time. If I had I known I would be asked, I would have taken screenshots. :)

According to my browser history, this was the URL of the page: https://www.att.com/phoneupgrade/services/data.jsp

That's the site I am on. I am still perplexed as to why it is telling me my plan has to be changed.

I guess it gave you a similar message. That is why you were upset initially, correct?

I'm thinking of just pulling the trigger and complain at these guys later if they rip me out of my original plan.

FYI - I tried again through APPLE and they had a much better interface that allowed me to choose my Unlimited plan again.

Thx Neo!

becomingwater
Oct 7, 2011, 05:24 AM
Ordered again through AT&T and expected ship date 14 Oct!:) yay

Also during the oredering process I received a 15% discount on my data plan.:) $25.50 now

kaiman81
Oct 7, 2011, 07:39 AM
"Apple's website is having some intermittent errors presumably due to the traffic. Sprint's pre-orders also seems to having some troubles while we've seen successful Verizon pre-orders already."

Due to the various online sources being inconsistent and needing to upgrade both my wife's line and mine I decided to go to and AT&T store. Its great, they have cases of water and dozens of donuts. BUT I'm the only person in line and they open in 30 minutes.

Either the iPhone is selling like hotcakes online or this is a bad sign. Of course the numbers will tell the truth.

Mitch505
Oct 7, 2011, 07:44 AM

Same thing happened to me on Verizon. Just called Verizon and confirmed that yes, we can cancel the global data plan. It will probably show up in our accounts once we activate the iPhone 4S, but we can call and have it removed. It was confusing!

StealthscrapE
Oct 7, 2011, 08:04 AM
Just wanted to add my experience in case it helps someone. I was up at 3 for my wife trying preorders on apple, att, and the apple store on the iphone. I had no luck and finally gave up when it started showing that they could not process iphone orders at that time. When I got to bed I couldn't sleep and around 5/ET I decided to try on my phone through ATT's website for whatever reason and it went through. Was a very smooth process and quick to verify since it was all on their system. If anyone is still having issues give the ATT mobile site a shot.

radge
Oct 7, 2011, 08:13 AM
I just pre-ordered on Verizon and had no issues.

same here. the site auto refreshed at like 12:58 MDT with the pre-order option. I placed my order and was in bed by 1:15.

grigby1
Oct 7, 2011, 08:13 AM
Upgraded four phones through AT&T's site at 8:00 EST. Nary a problem.

Cheddz
Oct 7, 2011, 08:23 AM
For people concerned with the data plan option on AT&T...If you currently have an unlimited data plan, just choose "Unlimited Data for iPhone 4S"..It's $30.00, which is what you're paying now. It just has a new name. Nothing more than semantics.

It's also my understanding that if you order through Apple's site, you only get a reservation. You get a second email telling you how to confirm your order and actually pay for it. I ordered through AT&T and got only one email, but since my credit card has been charged for the phone already, I'll assume I've done the paying part and need no second email.

Stafainn
Oct 7, 2011, 08:25 AM
Tried to buy a new phone from Apple's site in the UK. Kept getting thrown out before the order was completed. Tried another computer,but still no luck. As a last resort I tried to place an order using my iPhone - success. Later in the morning while checking my emails I note that I have 4 order confirmations from Apple. The orders must have been going through even while I was getting "Oops we have an error" message. Tried to cancel the surplus orders without any success and now the site says it's down for upgrading. While I like my phone I'm still of the opinion that Apple as a company are just a joke. They obviously were expecting a large volume of traffic, so why did they not stagger the pre-order days but keep the delivery date the same. Anyone want to buy a new phone - oh dear oh dear.

wacky4alanis
Oct 7, 2011, 08:29 AM
Ordered a white 64GB @ apple.com just now - no problems at all (except for the $53 of tax LOL what a ripoff). If I wasn't so lazy, I would go buy it in NH next Friday tax free.

foxbox
Oct 7, 2011, 09:03 AM
I pre ordered my iphone 4s this morning from verizon and picked up a nice screen protector from http://www.iphone4sblog.net/iphone-4s-screen-protectors/ i cant wait to drive around and text all day and not touch my phone once. im in love with siri! :p

JustDigiPro
Oct 7, 2011, 09:03 AM
Couldn't have asked for an easier process through the Verizon website. Only eligible to update one device right now. Unlimited plan rolled over for the new phone.

I wasn't given an option for "Apple Care" at the time of purchase. I could only purchase insurance for the device through Verizon, at a much higher rate ($10) per month for full coverage. Will I be able to add "Apple Care" at a later date? I read somewhere you had to add it at the time of purchase to qualify.

afroAnt
Oct 7, 2011, 09:05 AM
Apple Australian site is empty :D I could go all the way through to the check out, one problem.... no money to buy it -_-

Frankied22
Oct 7, 2011, 09:36 AM

I preordered from Sprint when it started, and now it's the morning and I have no confirmation email from Sprint, but yet they charged my CC immediately. When I go to their site to check my order or log in to my account it says its down. Wtf.

allaw
Oct 7, 2011, 09:38 AM
So last night I started trying to order the phone at 12am PST, but ATT and APPLE's site are both down until like 12:40am. I have continued to try with no luck. Went to bed and got up at 6:45am, while cooking breakfast decided to use my iphone to make the order one last time and it got through. It didn't even asked to change my voice plan, it was like 4 clicks total. The whole process took less than a minute, but I've put in a wrong email address. So now I'm left with my screen shots and no confirmation.:(

pbill1
Oct 7, 2011, 09:48 AM

Yes, I am seeing the same thing.

Aviboy97
Oct 7, 2011, 10:02 AM
it seems as if the iphone4 launch on Verizon back in February went much smoother.....those who pre
ordered received shipping confirmation later that day

richard4339
Oct 7, 2011, 10:25 AM
Yes, I am seeing the same thing.

From my Verizon Order Status Page:
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 10/14/2011

My confirmation email says its for delivery by October 14th, however.

pbill1
Oct 7, 2011, 10:34 AM
From my Verizon Order Status Page:
Here is the status of your Pre-order:
We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 10/14/2011

My confirmation email says its for delivery by October 14th, however.

Okay, yes I see that page now too. My confirmation email included both a "Preorder Confirmation" number and a "Order Number". If I go to the Verizon order status page:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/orderstatus/OrderStatusForm

and put my "Preorder Confirmation" number in the "Order Number" box, I get the same message as you. If I put my "Order Number" in the "Order Number" box, I get the "We do not have a record of..." error message.

StuddedLeather
Oct 7, 2011, 10:35 AM
Just ordered through AT&T. . .

I'm happy I did it within 5 minutes too. Hopefully the phone will come a day earlier :D

billinaz
Oct 7, 2011, 10:54 AM
I got my email from apple and went to the order page. Everything went right thru, my CC was charged. I havent gotten the order confirmation email, and the apple store is still jammed so I cannot check order history.

I didnt order from ATT because while they are giving you a confirmation of an order, its not really anything until they transmit the order to apple, and assuming apple has the stock.

By ordering with apple I can satisify my OCD about the order process, and you can even track your iphone from factory to delivery.

Im waiting on squaretrade to put out a deal on their protection plans. Its usually double what you get from applecare, for half the price.

BJ.SoundWave360
Oct 7, 2011, 11:21 AM
In the NW. Tried at 130am PST, and it was not possible. Also, AT&T didn't have white phones. I wanted to switch to Verizon, but now I'm back with AT&T for 2 years. The unlimited data has me staying. What is Verizon thinking not offering better data plans? I'd have happily jumped for a 4-5G a month for $30. Pretty dumb of them actually.

Got through this morn. I've been holding off FOREVER! This will be like a new world, as I'm going from a 3G (not a 3GS) to a 4S.

Love :apple:

xian67
Oct 7, 2011, 11:38 AM
I just got a charge from AT&T for 256 dollars. First of all, I thought it said it was only going to be 200, and second, I thought we didn't get charged until it shipped?

iwbyte
Oct 7, 2011, 11:50 AM
I preordered from Sprint when it started, and now it's the morning and I have no confirmation email from Sprint, but yet they charged my CC immediately. When I go to their site to check my order or log in to my account it says its down. Wtf.

Did you save the order # they gave you after checking out?

I also ordered from sprint at 1:30 a.m. Pacific, and still haven't gotten an email. But sprint customer service and the www.sprint.com/myorder web site both show my order as in process.

applegirl81
Oct 7, 2011, 01:29 PM
My order went right through with Verizon when they first opened them up last night and I got the email immediately. But my card shows no activity but it still says my order was placed. Is anyone else who ordered with Verizon seeing this??

addipar23
Oct 7, 2011, 01:51 PM
My order went right through with Verizon when they first opened them up last night and I got the email immediately. But my card shows no activity but it still says my order was placed. Is anyone else who ordered with Verizon seeing this??

Same with me. I received the email with the ship date, order number, and preorder confirmation number but no activity on my credit card. I'm guessing that it will be charged at the time of shipping.

Heston
Oct 7, 2011, 01:58 PM
Just ordered mine off of ATT website about 10 minutes ago. No confirmation email yet. Should I be concerned that it didn't go through if I haven't received an email as of yet?

troos
Oct 7, 2011, 02:21 PM
AmI the only one freaking out because switching to Verizon would cost me $480 for the length of the contract. They appear to want $89.99 for unlimited talk (not talking about text or data). Their website posts $69.99. I've been paying AT&T $69.99.
Does this make sense? Is it correct?

*LTD*
Oct 7, 2011, 03:05 PM
Wasn't the 4S supposed to be a flop? Or is it another case of the MR Naysayers Club getting it wrong yet again . . .

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/10/07/att-reels-under-the-crush-iphone-4s-pre-orders-verizon-and-sprint-seem-to-be-fine/

DanTheMFnMan
Oct 7, 2011, 03:06 PM
I logged onto Verizon's website at 2:50am EST and the option to preorder was already available. Ordered a 32GB White iPhone4S and received a confirmation email at 2:58am; back in bed by 3am. No issues what-so-ever, not even a slight slowdown of their site.

ProwlingTiger
Oct 7, 2011, 04:38 PM
I logged onto Verizon's website at 2:50am EST and the option to preorder was already available. Ordered a 32GB White iPhone4S and received a confirmation email at 2:58am; back in bed by 3am. No issues what-so-ever, not even a slight slowdown of their site.

I received 3 confirmation emails. The order numbers are all the same and I was only charged once, however. At any rate, I guess my order definitely went through :)

gonyr
Oct 7, 2011, 05:43 PM
Ordered through Verizon at about 6:30 this morning as an upgrade from a non-smartphone. No problems at all, got the confirmation email within a minute, which said it would ship to arrive on the 14th. Just got home, checked order status (OK, so I'm slightly OCD), and now it says shipping on the 21st. It's not like another week of waiting will kill me or anything, but I'd certainly like to start playing with my nice, shiny, new iphone.

brop52
Oct 7, 2011, 06:39 PM
Ordered through Verizon at about 6:30 this morning as an upgrade from a non-smartphone. No problems at all, got the confirmation email within a minute, which said it would ship to arrive on the 14th. Just got home, checked order status (OK, so I'm slightly OCD), and now it says shipping on the 21st. It's not like another week of waiting will kill me or anything, but I'd certainly like to start playing with my nice, shiny, new iphone.

I ordered mine around 11AM Eastern. It still says shipping on the 14th. Which phone did you order? I ordered the 32GB Black 4S.

yrsued
Oct 7, 2011, 09:24 PM
Most Verizon Phones saying shipping on the 21st are the 16GB Versions. I'll be buying the 64GB White, those are still available. I'll pick mine up at the Verizon Store next Friday. I want to leave my money in my local store where they treat me right. I want to give my sale to my favorite Verizon Rep.

Y

gonyr
Oct 7, 2011, 09:30 PM
I ordered mine around 11AM Eastern. It still says shipping on the 14th. Which phone did you order? I ordered the 32GB Black 4S.

I got the 16GB black.

Force332
Oct 7, 2011, 10:03 PM
I ordered the Black 16GB on Verizon at about 3:10am and it is now showing that it is expected to be shipped on the 21st. Wtf? Are they showing this for every Black 16GB?

dirtleg
Oct 7, 2011, 10:43 PM
Ordered through plan upgrade on Sprint web site, our contract had run out in July and I was waiting to see if iPhones would be added to the Sprint lineup. I ordered four 16Gb, 4S's. Three white, for myself my wife and daughter, one black for my other daughter. Order package for all four phones went through around 4:30 PM CDT, got confirmation immediately. Expected delivery on friday the 14th or saturday the 15th. No problems at all. We are on the Family Data Plan and our monthly bill should be around $250 per month with all phones on the plan.:)

neocerebrum
Oct 7, 2011, 11:24 PM
Last night after waiting about 35 minutes of delay for the Apple website to become available, I almost called it a night and went to bed. Last minute it opened. whew. lucky. But then the Apple website wasn't working right. So finally, I tried AT&T's website and it worked. I ordered my phone around 1:10am (Pacific - California). It still shows delivery date of the 14th. (32GB black 4S AT&T)

AFTER READING ALL OF THE PEOPLE WITH OCT.21 DELIVERY DATES, I AM NOW SO GLAD I STAYED UP LATE AND DIDN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT MORNING. I was very tired today, but it paid off. :)

:apple:

xian67
Oct 7, 2011, 11:47 PM
Last night after waiting about 35 minutes of delay for the Apple website to become available, I almost called it a night and went to bed. Last minute it opened. whew. lucky. But then the Apple website wasn't working right. So finally, I tried AT&T's website and it worked. I ordered my phone around 1:10am (Pacific - California). It still shows delivery date of the 14th. (32GB black 4S AT&T)

AFTER READING ALL OF THE PEOPLE WITH OCT.21 DELIVERY DATES, I AM NOW SO GLAD I STAYED UP LATE AND DIDN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT MORNING. I was very tired today, but it paid off. :)

:apple:

Where does it say that?

Heston
Oct 8, 2011, 10:27 AM
Ordered mine yesterday 12:45 pm central time. Got an email 4:28pm confirming my order. The order status online says processing and that it's back ordered.

joshmonk9
Oct 8, 2011, 03:34 PM
should've waited for 5. got the 4 a few months ago but I'm looking forward to iOS 5 more than the actual 4S:)

Friscochris
Oct 8, 2011, 04:05 PM
Ordered mine Oct 7, 12:00 p.m. MDT... Just checked the confirmation and it still says Oct 14... VZW 1 White 4s 16GB and 1 Black 4s 16GB. Started getting scared after I seen some of these messages.

Norkusa
Oct 9, 2011, 06:12 PM
Just got my UPS delivery conformation number from Sprint for my white 32GB 4S! Pre-ordered Oct 7th 3:30am EST. Should be here on the 14th or 15th.