Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smythson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Hey all,
which would you get. A new iBook and mac mini or a tricked 12" PB w/ Superdrive. Also note, it would be the new iBook, whenever that update happens.

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
Besides that, I never really liked having more than on computer at a time, I'd rather just have on main computer with al my sh*t in it.

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
nightdweller25 said:
Besides that, I never really liked having more than on computer at a time, I'd rather just have on main computer with al my sh*t in it.

I agree with that.

I wouldn't totally max it out. I would just get all the non upgradable things, and leave room for improvement in the future. Then I would buy a Dell 2005FPW. (I would wait until it's on sale below $500). Then you have a fast computer with a good monitor. But that's just me.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
I was once in a similar situation and the overwhelming vote on my thread was to go with a single computer. And the 2005FPW is one heck of a monitor. I got mine for $345 on sale so you should def wait till it is on sale again.

crazydreaming

macrumors 6502a
What were you planning on plugging the mini into? Whatever it was, you can plug your Powerbook into. You could have a desktop setup using your Powerbook when you want to. It would be better than a mini desktop setup. That's what I plan to do next year for college... On my list is;
monitor, keyboard, mouse...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.