PDA

View Full Version : Battery problems, 11,6" mid-2011 MBA

mikkeN
Oct 12, 2011, 07:39 AM
Hi everyone!

The problem is that my battery is losing it's capacity after each charge. I got my computer on Friday, and since then my battery max capacity has fallen to 98%. At first charge I got it to the 101%, but now charging to the 100% is impossible. I have 4 loadcycles now. mAh's look like following: 4630(current capacity), 4680(design capacity). I have the 4GB/128GB version of the mid-2011 11,6" Air.

With the 50% brightness, no bluetooth, wifi on, no keyboard backlighting I can expect no more than 3 hours of use (surfing without flash). I know that the battery life on advertisements doesn't meet the real life battery life, but seriously Apple - come on!

So,
1.) What can I do, or should I just call to Apple Care?
2.) How about the battery calibration? This is mid-2011 model, so I read on the Apple's website that it doesn't need calibration. Is it true?
3.) Any tips&tricks?

TheJing
Oct 12, 2011, 08:07 AM
The battery capacity will change. It will go down to 96% than back up to 99% and so on. That happens to everyone.

As for battery time I don't if that is what people usually get on their Macbook Airs.

johnhurley
Oct 12, 2011, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone!

The problem is that my battery is losing it's capacity after each charge. I got my computer on Friday, and since then my battery max capacity has fallen to 98%. At first charge I got it to the 101%, but now charging to the 100% is impossible. I have 4 loadcycles now. mAh's look like following: 4630(current capacity), 4680(design capacity). I have the 4GB/128GB version of the mid-2011 11,6" Air.

With the 50% brightness, no bluetooth, wifi on, no keyboard backlighting I can expect no more than 3 hours of use (surfing without flash). I know that the battery life on advertisements doesn't meet the real life battery life, but seriously Apple - come on!

So,
1.) What can I do, or should I just call to Apple Care?
2.) How about the battery calibration? This is mid-2011 model, so I read on the Apple's website that it doesn't need calibration. Is it true?
3.) Any tips&tricks?

Your system is fine but your expectations are off.

Seriously how can a battery charge to 101 percent?

You think 98 percent is a problem?

Relax and take a deep breath and maybe go out for some exercise!

fade-
Oct 12, 2011, 09:55 AM
Since i'll probably be flamed for starting a new thread just to ask this, may i tag on to this thread and ask a semi-related question...

My battery seems to be way off from getting 5 hours as well with normal surfing without flash. I haven't really sat down and surfed for hours non-stop to really time it, but it seems that i am getting 3 hours tops.

the only thing i have ever timed is if i leave it to sleep for 24 hours, the battery goes down by 4% is this normal?

thanks in advance :o

3dflyboy1
Oct 12, 2011, 07:07 PM
Since i'll probably be flamed for starting a new thread just to ask this, may i tag on to this thread and ask a semi-related question...

My battery seems to be way off from getting 5 hours as well with normal surfing without flash. I haven't really sat down and surfed for hours non-stop to really time it, but it seems that i am getting 3 hours tops.

the only thing i have ever timed is if i leave it to sleep for 24 hours, the battery goes down by 4% is this normal?

thanks in advance :o

Quite normal. ~3hrs is not on par with apple's advertised battery life, but it seems that most people are not getting even close to 5hrs.