PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to iOS 5 GM Release when iOS 5 will officially Launch..

MacKid1983
Oct 12, 2011, 12:07 PM
What will happen to iOS 5 GM release when iOS 5 will officially be launched today, I have installed iOS 5 GM release on my iPhone 4, from a download off the internet. it was an ispw file.

Will iTunes ask me again to install the update, can anyone help? :(

Also, the build on my iOS5 GM is (9A334) will this number be different on the "Official Launch version"? -I just don't want an issue on my phone if i need to bring it to Apple and they see that and ask questions.

aziatiklover
Oct 12, 2011, 12:09 PM
Well only way to know is to click update on iTunes. Since iOS 5 just been out!

Oct 12, 2011, 12:10 PM
I asked earlier

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1247108&highlight=

MacKid1983
Oct 12, 2011, 12:15 PM
I asked earlier

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1247108&highlight=

Thanks!

But yeah I want to know if the build number will change. Does anyone have an answer?

I have my iPhone connected to iTunes and I hit check for update and it says " 5.0 is the current version"

But I go to settings / general / software update on my iPhone and it says "unable to check for update" error occurred.... HMPH

aziatiklover
Oct 12, 2011, 12:23 PM
Thanks!

But yeah I want to know if the build number will change. Does anyone have an answer?

I have my iPhone connected to iTunes and I hit check for update and it says " 5.0 is the current version"

But I go to settings / general / software update on my iPhone and it says "unable to check for update" error occurred.... HMPH

Well like I said! why don't u try to click update, and see if it will do that!

Oct 12, 2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks!

ummm, that is also answered in that link, did you read the thread?

dtdyer01
Oct 12, 2011, 12:40 PM
I'm also on ios5 beta 7 on iphone, check for updates, and it says current version.
On iPad 2 it's now downloading new public ios5. How do I get the public version on the iphone

mikethebigo
Oct 12, 2011, 12:42 PM
The build numbers are identical. The release today is the same as the GM release. They are exactly identical - you're all good! :cool:

dtdyer01
Oct 12, 2011, 12:44 PM
I'm not good. I'm on beta 7 not GM

notjustgc
Oct 12, 2011, 12:48 PM

Does it detect the update? If not, use the direct links (http://www.geeksyrup.com/news/download-ios-5-for-iphone-ipad-and-ipod-touch/) and shift-restore to the new IPSW.

mikethebigo
Oct 12, 2011, 12:50 PM

Do an iCloud backup, restore to the GM build, and restore from backup.

Done!

dtdyer01
Oct 12, 2011, 01:04 PM
Do you know the links to download the GM realise?

----------

Do you know the links to download the GM realise?