PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to iMessage?

Mr. Incredible
Oct 12, 2011, 01:33 PM
I updated my phone, but it still has Messages. What happened to iMessage?

Frasern1
Oct 12, 2011, 01:35 PM
I updated my phone, but it still has Messages. What happened to iMessage?It's integrated seamlessly into the messaging app.

SomeonePlzHelp

You have to have another person in your contacts with iOS 5 on their phone for iMessage to work.
As soon as you start typing to them, it knows to make it an iMessage instead of a text message.

cshumate

iMessage is part of the Messages app. go to your settings app, look at messages, and make sure iMessage is turned on. Then, whenever you text/iMessage someone and it detects that they have iMessage too, the messages will be sent with iMessage (data) instead of texting.

Applejuiced
Oct 12, 2011, 01:36 PM
Its there, you just dont know it yet:D

Mr. Incredible
Oct 12, 2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I just figured it out, my bad guys.

I just thought that the entire app would be called iMessage instead of Messages.

But yeah, this is pretty cool.

Btw, I'm having a hard time finding the camera on lock screen option, I'm in my settings, and I haven't found it yet. Help?

SomeonePlzHelp
Oct 12, 2011, 01:41 PM

I just thought that the entire app would be called iMessage instead of Messages.

Btw, I'm having a hard time finding the camera on lock screen option, I'm in my settings, and I haven't found it yet. Help?

When at the lock screen double click the home button as if you were trying to access the quickplay feature of the iPod

gibbz
Oct 12, 2011, 01:42 PM

When locked, double click the home button and it will appear next to the slide-to-unlock.

SomeonePlzHelp
Oct 12, 2011, 01:44 PM
When locked, double click the home button and it will appear next to the slide-to-unlock.

Is there an echo in here?

iMrNiceGuy0023
Oct 12, 2011, 01:49 PM
is there a buddy list in iMessage?

myrtlebee
Oct 12, 2011, 02:00 PM
Is there an echo in here?

Have you ever heard of someone replying to the same question at the same time as you? Lose the snark.