Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UFMatt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I know ios 4 had a problem that would actually cause servers to become slow and unresponsive, I was wondering if anyone has updated to ios 5 and uses an exchange server for work? (I'm SURE there is, just haven't seen anyone say anything about this, which may be a good thing) I don't want to update then crash my work servers :eek:, but at the same time if it's safe I DO want to update and mess with the new features.

Matt

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I've been using iOS 5 and Exchange for months with no issues. I used iOS 4 and Exchange for a long time and had no issues. What issues are you talking about? Link?

dpetree

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2010
Florida
yes, i have been running test for about 5 months with the beta against our Exchange servers and do not see any of the iOS 4 issues you seen before.

The thing is, we do not see what we do not know. SO,, so far, so good

i think you should be good to go

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Here's a couple of links, one would think that if this caused an issue in 4, they'd have 5 set at the same parameters as the fix:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/06/30/apple_issues_ios_4_fix_for_exchange_activesync_issues.html

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20009510-263.html

The articles you linked say Apple addressed a potential issue almost a year and a half ago, which was just days after iOS 4 was released. I see no reason to think that potential issue made it back into iOS 5.

UFMatt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
The articles you linked say Apple addressed a potential issue almost a year and a half ago, which was just days after iOS 4 was released. I see no reason to think that potential issue made it back into iOS 5.

I agree, but I've been chatting with our IT guy today and he's on the "better safe than sorry" boat (which, who could blame him?). I'm in agreeance with you, if they found a suitable period (240 seconds) I don't see why they'd change it, but wanted to check and make sure. The internet isn't blowing up with "OMG!1!!1 exchange won't work!? is my phone a brick?!!!" messages so I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.