Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Today I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5. I have a MobileMe account and am confused about iCloud because it is asking me to create an email address. Does this mean I will lose my MobileMe email address? Can't I still use it?

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
It's my understanding that those of us with existing active MobileMe accounts can use our @me.com email addresses. Seems that I read somewhere that new addresses are available as well.

Since I have decided to wait and see while the bugs are worked out, I dont' know how to convert over yet. I think that's why Apple extended our MobileMe subscriptions.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Hmm...thats odd. You have tried transferring your MobileMe account to iCloud, right?
I hadn't done this yet because I didn't understand it. But after looking it over, it says that I also have to put Lion on my MacBook Pro. I don't want Lion on my MBP, because I don't want to spend the money or get the lower battery life that it causes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.