PDA

View Full Version : New iCloud email

tx26257
Oct 12, 2011, 08:02 PM
Ok I have set up everything and got me a new me.com email and can't receive emails nor send. When I send I get an error

The connection the outgoing server "p08-smtp.mail.me.com" failed.

iSkier
Oct 12, 2011, 08:15 PM
Same here, except I can send emails fine. Just can't receive. Can anyone help?

Hello...
Oct 12, 2011, 08:20 PM
Ok I have set up everything and got me a new me.com email and can't receive emails nor send. When I send I get an error

The connection the outgoing server "p08-smtp.mail.me.com" failed.

I have the same set up a stmp without the p08 and it sends to cyberspace......

tx26257
Oct 12, 2011, 09:12 PM
Any suggestions I am lost on what to do next

ccyfly
Oct 12, 2011, 10:09 PM
I got similar problem.
I can receive email, but fail to send.

00lakes
Oct 13, 2011, 10:23 AM
Same here I can receive, but not send. The error message reads;
"The connection to the outgoing server "p05-stmp.mail.me.com" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings > Mail, contacts, Calendars."
I upgraded to iOS5 last night, joined iCloud and liked the idea of a @me.com address so signed up. I have never had a MobileMe account. I have and iPad2.
I want to use my new address it's way cool and doesn't get spam (yet!) :apple:

whsbuss
Oct 13, 2011, 01:16 PM
Same here I can receive, but not send. The error message reads;
"The connection to the outgoing server "p05-stmp.mail.me.com" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings > Mail, contacts, Calendars."
I upgraded to iOS5 last night, joined iCloud and liked the idea of a @me.com address so signed up. I have never had a MobileMe account. I have and iPad2.
I want to use my new address it's way cool and doesn't get spam (yet!) :apple:

Exactly the same error sending on my iPad. The iPhone does not have any @me.com issues. I can receive @me.com on the the iPad just can't send.

jackito
Oct 13, 2011, 01:38 PM
Same problem here, I can receive (iCloud) emails fine but I can't send them from my mac (Mail.app). It gives an error with the SMTP server. (which I can't see its configuration anywhere).

Any advice is welcome.

ScoobyMcDoo
Oct 13, 2011, 01:44 PM
Opposite problem here. I can send, albeit painfully slow, but I don't seem to receive any messages

Update - the messages did eventually show up on my .me account - just took a really long time. Maybe performance will be better once everyone is finished hamming Apple's servers with software updates.

billguppy
Oct 14, 2011, 01:09 PM
iCloud email is now working for me. I set up a new account yesterday and was able to send but not receive. Whoever said that the servers needed to catch up was correct.

Harleygurl
Oct 14, 2011, 03:05 PM
I'm having the same thing pop up. I can receive emails but I can't send them :confused: