Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tx26257

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Ok I have set up everything and got me a new me.com email and can't receive emails nor send. When I send I get an error

The connection the outgoing server "p08-smtp.mail.me.com" failed.

iSkier

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
Same here, except I can send emails fine. Just can't receive. Can anyone help?

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
Ok I have set up everything and got me a new me.com email and can't receive emails nor send. When I send I get an error

The connection the outgoing server "p08-smtp.mail.me.com" failed.

I have the same set up a stmp without the p08 and it sends to cyberspace......

00lakes

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
..likewise

Same here I can receive, but not send. The error message reads;
"The connection to the outgoing server "p05-stmp.mail.me.com" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings > Mail, contacts, Calendars."
I upgraded to iOS5 last night, joined iCloud and liked the idea of a @me.com address so signed up. I have never had a MobileMe account. I have and iPad2.
I want to use my new address it's way cool and doesn't get spam (yet!) :apple:

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Same here I can receive, but not send. The error message reads;
"The connection to the outgoing server "p05-stmp.mail.me.com" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured in Settings > Mail, contacts, Calendars."
I upgraded to iOS5 last night, joined iCloud and liked the idea of a @me.com address so signed up. I have never had a MobileMe account. I have and iPad2.
I want to use my new address it's way cool and doesn't get spam (yet!) :apple:

Exactly the same error sending on my iPad. The iPhone does not have any @me.com issues. I can receive @me.com on the the iPad just can't send.

jackito

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2011
Bilbo, Euzkadi, Basque Country
Same problem here, I can receive (iCloud) emails fine but I can't send them from my mac (Mail.app). It gives an error with the SMTP server. (which I can't see its configuration anywhere).

Any advice is welcome.

ScoobyMcDoo

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2007
Austin, TX
Opposite problem here. I can send, albeit painfully slow, but I don't seem to receive any messages

Update - the messages did eventually show up on my .me account - just took a really long time. Maybe performance will be better once everyone is finished hamming Apple's servers with software updates.

Last edited:

billguppy

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Working!

iCloud email is now working for me. I set up a new account yesterday and was able to send but not receive. Whoever said that the servers needed to catch up was correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.