PDA

View Full Version : how I ultimately reconciled my accounts

LapsangSouchong
Oct 12, 2011, 10:17 PM
My work email is my real appleID. I had a me account that I used for email forwarding, calendar, address book.
I tried having 2 for about 30 minutes today and hated it. So I let iCloud set up a new one for me (thank God it's not horrible) and then I migrated everything off the old one to the new one. Took a few hours, but the mail app on my laptop helped.

So now I have an appleID with a me.com email address inside of it.

jdguggs10
Oct 12, 2011, 10:31 PM
how are you reconciling all of your previous purchases or will you use the old ID for handling those App updates?

LapsangSouchong
Oct 12, 2011, 10:34 PM
Every single purchase (thank God) was under my work email aka my "real" appleID. I just set up the me.com address a year or so ago when I got fed up with google.
I never actually used the address.

My only remaining question is how to convince the new iCloud mail app to let me use my work email as the reply to/from address like mobileME allowed. Cant quite figure it out.

jdguggs10
Oct 12, 2011, 10:45 PM
Yea there are definitely a lot of unresolved issues here... I suppose that is what we get for being the first movers. Still, it is disappointing when my mail app starts bouncing for no apparent reason...