PDA

View Full Version : iCloud email rejecting password

rick snagwell
Oct 12, 2011, 10:55 PM
does this just mean the server is jacked?

password is correct, worked about an hour ago, now its asking me for password.

i wish i could edit the incoming mail server. its at p01-imap.mail.me.com

knoxtown
Oct 12, 2011, 11:07 PM
I'm having the same issue... I know the password is right.

The iCloud IMAP server “p99-imap.mail.me.com

IamFaustus
Oct 13, 2011, 12:44 AM
I'm having the same issue as well. Any one have an idea how to fix?

rick snagwell
Oct 13, 2011, 01:13 AM
all better now, I'm sure it just had to with them still messing with servers...

walterwhite
Oct 13, 2011, 05:43 AM
Over and over again with this password...

The iCloud IMAP server "p99-imap.me.com" rejected the password for "me"

ugh... please fix this.

DJBBOX
Oct 13, 2011, 06:11 AM
i think just their servers are getting hammered.

adztaylor
Oct 13, 2011, 06:12 AM
Same issue here.

ljcarr
Oct 13, 2011, 06:20 AM
Hi had a similar issue myself this morning however it seems to have been resolved. One other thing whilst I'm on, will the cloud service only work with your @me.com account? as its not receiving my default account from my service provider @o2.co.uk.

musicus
Oct 13, 2011, 07:09 AM
Over and over again with this password...

The iCloud IMAP server "p99-imap.me.com" rejected the password for "me"

ugh... please fix this.

I'm still getting this - on the same server - but only when using Apple Mail. It seems to work fine when I use Mail at iCloud.com

Hopefully it will right itself in due course.

piperamirez
Oct 13, 2011, 07:15 AM
same here, it works fine in mail app at icloud.com but it keeps prompting me with incorrect user/password in both my iPad and Mac Pro

jlblodgett
Oct 13, 2011, 08:08 AM
Same problem here.

I should note it is an intermittent problem.

Sometimes it works great. Sometimes doesn't work.

As others have said, hopefully a temporary glitch that will get worked out soon.

rick snagwell
Oct 13, 2011, 08:20 AM
this blows...now its just timing out. and i noticed its changing the server a lot.

eroxx
Oct 13, 2011, 08:25 AM
I finally got everything working (I think), but mail (on the mac) is saying the icloud password is wrong, and it is not!!! ????

normandy7
Oct 13, 2011, 08:25 AM
Happening to me too.

Type X
Oct 13, 2011, 08:27 AM
Case sensitive!
i had to update my old "me.com" password to meet the new 1 cap/1number parameters on icloud.

Kaibelf
Oct 13, 2011, 08:28 AM
Case sensitive!
i had to update my old "me.com" password to meet the new 1 cap/1number parameters on icloud.

AAAAH thank goodness someone figured this out! Now, where are you going to change it? I can't see a link on iCloud.com and haven't gotten my coffee yet....

Edit: never mind, found it.

normandy7
Oct 13, 2011, 08:37 AM
How do you update the password in mail?

johncrab
Oct 13, 2011, 08:38 AM
Same thing here. I've tried everything at this end down to killing the mail cache folder in the library. Gotta be a server problem, but it is working on 2 Macs out of five. Go figure.

southerndoc
Oct 13, 2011, 08:40 AM
I don't think the password is the issue. If your password worked fine up until this morning, then it's likely not your password.

I cannot log into Mail on iCloud.com. My Mail app is repeatedly asking for a password. An hour ago everything was fine.

I think iCloud must be experiencing problems. Like MobileMe, I'm sure this will occur on a daily basis.

rick snagwell
Oct 13, 2011, 08:40 AM
yup, it works on my iphone and iCloud.com. i give up!

Imola Ghost
Oct 13, 2011, 08:41 AM
Mine is doing this also, what did you guys do to fix this, my MobileMe password has always been 1 cap/1 number password set?

chrismac2
Oct 13, 2011, 08:41 AM
Case sensitive!

I don't think that is the problem. It just so happens that you changing your password kind of "reset" something on their end. But this was working for me yesterday, then stopped working this morning.

Keeps asking for password.

I went into Mail app Preferences, and added "@me.com" to the account name and then it started working again. Without having to change my password.

Keep in mind this account was all auto-configured for me during the iCloud transition process after upgrading to 10.7.2.

eXpress
Oct 13, 2011, 08:42 AM
AAAAH thank goodness someone figured this out! Now, where are you going to change it? I can't see a link on iCloud.com and haven't gotten my coffee yet....

Edit: never mind, found it.

Still not following. Is the iCloud password the same as the Apple ID password?

Type X
Oct 13, 2011, 08:42 AM
I think everyone needs to realize that once they get the ios 5 and icloud you need to be VERY specific.

I have a different Me email for icloud then my itunes, with icloud/me's new password restrictions it just makes it "easier" to change itunes AND icloud to the new password so everytime it needs it you dont have to remember if its the Cap/# icloud one or the legacy itunes one.

This wasn't a huge pain for me after a few minutes of staring at the device but for my fiance & mom.... it will give ME a headache trying to explain it multiple times, so i just told them both to have one pass for all apple devices.

RexLeo
Oct 13, 2011, 08:46 AM
I have the same problem here with Mail. However, I can also no longer open Mail in the Browser. It displays a popup alert saying (translated from German): "Mail cannot be loaded. You can help Apple to improve iCloud by sending a report to Apple" My options are: "Retry", "Report to Apple", and "Close Mail". This is really weird - Contacts and Calendar load just fine.

walterwhite
Oct 13, 2011, 08:46 AM
I have typed it in correctly SEVERAL times... it works for a while and then asks again on my computers (not my iPhone). This happened back when we moved from .mac to MobileMe... PAIN! But I'm sure this too will pass...

Syltaldo
Oct 13, 2011, 08:54 AM
I´ve been having so much trouble with different Apple iD`s and email addresses verified to wrong accounts that today I decided; f#ck it!

Just created a new @me address and I have exported all email, calendar and address book info from my old @me and @gmail accounts.

Starting up with the brand new address as soon as I can log back into the old iCloud account and set it to forward all new emails.

Hopefully this will leave me with one iCloud account for everything, sans iTunes store, where we have a mutual account for both me and my wife.

I think I had to do the exact same thing when going from @mac.com to MobileMe too.

PS. First post, folks. Pleased to meet you all.

chercm
Oct 13, 2011, 08:55 AM
same here in Singapore

Gatteau
Oct 13, 2011, 08:56 AM
Seems to be down right now here too.

Richardgm
Oct 13, 2011, 08:57 AM
Same issue here. When I edited the mail account under settings the password field gets the check mark. When I open the Mail app, I get incorrect password.

mongorama
Oct 13, 2011, 09:06 AM
Case sensitive!

For posterity's sake, I'll post that I changed the password to one of my iCloud accounts to meet those new standards. It did not resolve the issue with iCloud's IMAP server rejecting the password.

Imola Ghost
Oct 13, 2011, 09:07 AM
This might be the reason for why we are having problems with our password. I have the same password & email for both my Apple ID & my iCloud.

I was just messing around and was trying to change my Apple ID password and as I was putting in the new changed password it said this:

Enter a new password for ********@me.com below. Your password must be at least eight characters long. It must contain at least one number and two letters, one upper case and one lower case. It cannot include three consecutive and identical characters. It cannot be the SAME as your Apple ID or be any password you have used in the past year.

But I clicked on a link to change my iCloud password NOT my Apple ID password. This crap is very confusing.

Ideas?

iggypod
Oct 13, 2011, 09:08 AM
Same problem here. This just started for me about 1 hour ago. Prior to that all was well.

I don't think a password change will resolve it. I think the old iCloud is getting iHammered or iDazed.

jordanogrady
Oct 13, 2011, 09:10 AM
anyone sorted this yet? Its driving me mad!

I've changed over from me.com and its just not accepting the passwords! Not caps related either!

Jordan

coz
Oct 13, 2011, 09:11 AM
mail is not working on my iphone or on icloud.com
wtf

gramirez2012
Oct 13, 2011, 09:12 AM
Same issue for me too. Mail app and iCloud.com mail don't work. Ugh, this iCloud transition is a nightmare all around.

chas0001
Oct 13, 2011, 09:12 AM
Looks like its all down. I cannot get mail from any device or from iCloud.com.

mjstew33
Oct 13, 2011, 09:15 AM
I can't even get to the mail app on icloud.com

:(

SayCheese
Oct 13, 2011, 09:16 AM
Not working for me either.
Both mail.app on 10.7.2 and mail on iPhone 4 iOS 5 are saying that the username/password is wrong.
However an hour ago it was working fine.

I suspect an issue at the Apple end.

eroxx
Oct 13, 2011, 09:18 AM
doesn't seem that I have an issue EXCEPT on the mac mail.app.

I'm seeing this:

The iCloud IMAP server “p99-imap.mail.me.com” rejected the password for user “******"

SayCheese
Guess the Apple servers are being hammered again.

ogee
It just almost Works!

Nathaniel01
same here... It worked fine until this morning... then all of a sudden my mailAPP on my macpro rejects my password, iCloud.com works, but the mailAPP on iCloud doesn't. My iOS-Device-MailApp rejects the iCloud password, too. I set up iOS5 and iCloud just yesterday and it worked fine. But my father had the same issues like I have to today right from the beginning.

There's a part of me who just wants to have mobileME back again.

Kilamite
http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/

System Status

iCloud: Account - Users Affected: Some
10/13/2011 01:37 PDT

HarryMiller
Oct 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
I was having the same issue.
I un-ticked 'Mail and Notes' in the iCloud panel of System Preferences, then re-ticked it.
It reconfigured, and is now working fine :)

chas0001
Oct 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
Apple indicate there is a problem on their website. Its MobileMe all over again.

shompa
Oct 13, 2011, 09:21 AM
does this just mean the server is jacked?

password is correct, worked about an hour ago, now its asking me for password.

i wish i could edit the incoming mail server. its at p01-imap.mail.me.com

I have the exact same problem, and same server.

I can log into iCloud on the web, so my password is correct.

I have have itool/.mac since its inception. Starting about 2 weeks ago I got the first problem during all this time. Time out when I tried to send mail.

I foolishly upgraded to iCloud. Now nothing works.

The problem is probably this: Apple have problem with password syncing over all its servers. The rumor is that Apple have switched from Oracle/Sun servers to HP and Windows cloud = this will never work.

Contaction apple support is useless. Why can't we email MobileMe support anymore. Trying to explain DNS/SMTP and other technical stuff to a geek is pointless.

fApple

maflynn
Apple has a very poor track record when it comes to providing services that are more "social" then single user. Just look at the problems mobileme had when they rolled it out, so while I'm frustrated that my email is down, its totally not surprising.

Kilamite
Apple indicate there is a problem on their website. Its MobileMe all over again.

Steve Jobs will be rolling in his grave...

Guess we can't be too harsh on Apple, they only just went live for everyone and couldn't have fully been able to test the server load until it went live. Long as this is a rare occurrence.

It's a free service, but I'm still paying as a MobileMe user, so I'm fuming.

chas0001
Oct 13, 2011, 09:23 AM
Steve Jobs will be rolling in his grave...

Guess we can't be too harsh on Apple, they only just went live for everyone and couldn't have fully been able to test the server load until it went live. Long as this is a rare occurrence.

It's a free service, but I'm still paying as a MobileMe user, so I'm fuming.

I wonder if the problem only applies to ex MobileMe users. One thing I did notice is that when I transferred my account it used the existing password, even though it does not contain a capital letter. That capital letter is mandatory for new iCloud users.

bethkelly
Oct 13, 2011, 09:25 AM
It's been a half hour now and iCloud IMAP server "p99-imap.mail.me.com" still won't accept my password. This is maddening. Do I just have to wait ???

freddyflint1975
Oct 13, 2011, 09:27 AM
Same in London

Never had a problem before. I thought iCloud was going to make things simpler in terms of pushing data between devices.... Then I find out that it won't be as comprehensive as expected, not does the email work on either Apple Mail or iCloud

Baahhhhhh!

HiFiGuy528
Oct 13, 2011, 09:27 AM
Me too! Really sucks!

wolfshades
Oct 13, 2011, 09:28 AM
I wonder if the problem only applies to ex MobileMe users. One thing I did notice is that when I transferred my account it used the existing password, even though it does not contain a capital letter. That capital letter is mandatory for new iCloud users.

It's not the password. I'm also a MobileMe user who switched to iCloud. My existing password consisted of at least one capital and at least one number. You might be right that it only is affecting existing MobileMe users who switched though.

At any rate - a good test to see if it's your device or something else is to log in directly at iCloud.com. If you can't get mail there (I can't) then it'll affect all of your devices including your Mac, and you'll just have to wait for Apple to fix it.

----------

Also, the AppleID site is down. Forgot to mention that. That's likely the root of the problem.

djsteves
Oct 13, 2011, 09:29 AM
OK herre is the sad thing I was reading all of these posts - and I registered using my me.com acct, but couldn't activate the registration because NONE of my devices including the browser can access mail! WTF!

I know my password is correct because I can access all of the other services associated with my account on iCloud.com...

Do any of the techies from Apple read these posts??? Ya think you could offer up some explanation and possible timelines to having this resolved?

I mean I know its a free service and all but I paid for my me.com acct. prior to converting it to iCloud.

HELP - cannot get email!

Cereal
Oct 13, 2011, 09:29 AM
Same issue here. Looks like it's bubbling up on the apple forums also.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/16347361#16347361

This reminds me of the MobileMe launch. URG....

Madonepro
Oct 13, 2011, 09:32 AM
This reminds me of the MobileMe launch. URG....

Yep, and the Steve sacked some peeps. Ain't gonna happen this time!

coz
Oct 13, 2011, 09:32 AM
i'm having mobilme deja vu however this time I can't even get email on my iphone.

Cereal
Oct 13, 2011, 09:35 AM
This just hit me! How will we track our iPhone 4s shipments!?!?!?!?!

Kidding...

MacRumorUser
Oct 13, 2011, 09:37 AM
It's happening to me too.

However I have two MobileMe accounts I transitioned to iCloud, the primary account is having the password problem, the other is working grand for email on the iPad.

Both are working within Mail on my desktop.

Life in the iCloud isn't quite as rosy as we were told it would be.

strausd
Oct 13, 2011, 09:39 AM
I'm having this same issue and it is really annoying :/

Imola Ghost
Oct 13, 2011, 09:44 AM
I just changed [what I thought] was my iCloud password and it actually changed my Apple ID password also.

So I would assume both passwords/accounts are the same given that I am using the iCloud/Apple ID was the exact same email address with the same password.

MattDSLR
Oct 13, 2011, 09:51 AM
Same here too
Not working and password is rejected
But funny thing is it still works some time on iPhone

djsteves
Oct 13, 2011, 09:54 AM
Not taking credit, found in different thread, but it saved me (allowed me to get a important email I was waiting for)

In the desktop Mail client, I setup a 2nd account using my iCloud username/password.
It gave me the error everyone is getting, but then went to the next screen. In email type, INSTEAD of picking iCould or MobileMe, I picked the generic IMAP email type

Put in the following....

Incoming
imap.mail.me.com
iCloud username (in my case my @mac.com email)
iCloud Password

Outgoing
smtp.mail.me.com
iCloud username (in my case my @mac.com email)
iCloud Password

This worked for me, download all my email and allowed me to at least see what was in my inbox

normandy7
Oct 13, 2011, 09:55 AM
Still not working for me. Can't even check my email on iFail errrrrr iCloud. "It just works" LMAO

rick snagwell
Oct 13, 2011, 10:13 AM
iCloud mail is down right now...check the MR front page.

MacsRgr8
Oct 13, 2011, 10:14 AM
Me too.

Mail.app rejects the password and iCloud.com can't open the webmail interface. :(

Hope it's a "start up" problem and they sort it out real fast.

I have this feeling the guys working at RIM feel a bit better knowing Apple has their issues too ;)

EDIT: Now the webmail interface of iCloud.com works, but Mail.app still has issues (can't read data)

shompa
Oct 13, 2011, 10:14 AM
When MobileMe launched they had small problems for a couple of days.

Steve gathered the MobileMe team and told them that was unacceptable and fired the boss.

How will Tim Cook handle this? Will he do a "Sony" and wait 6 weeks to fix the problem?

Steve would not be happy...

worldwearyeyes
Oct 13, 2011, 10:16 AM
My messages from the past 2 hours just came through. No "cannot get mail" error currently.

Nathaniel01
Oct 13, 2011, 10:26 AM
seems like they fixed it mine woks now

wolfpackfan
Oct 13, 2011, 10:30 AM
Still happening for me. When am I going to learn - do not use Apple online services. They are incapable of maintaining data centers or any type of reliable online service. What a disappointment.

abelmacberry
Oct 13, 2011, 10:35 AM
Mine is working now but it's the second time it happens since I migrate to iCloud yesterday, so I hope this is it, BTW don't move anything, the issue is not your account or something you did wrong, is the server but it's getting fixed XD

----------

And it's down again, GRRRRRRRRRRRR

jordanogrady
Oct 13, 2011, 10:35 AM
When MobileMe launched they had small problems for a couple of days.

Steve gathered the MobileMe team and told them that was unacceptable and fired the boss.

How will Tim Cook handle this? Will he do a "Sony" and wait 6 weeks to fix the problem?

Steve would not be happy...

Hasn't tim cook worked for apple for many years? So why would things run so much differently? Its sad that the top man has gone, a real big shame, i was a big fan, but I don't think that things like this will change! ITs technology, it has glitches!

Jordan

Stein357
Oct 13, 2011, 10:37 AM
Just some growing pains I hope...

rick snagwell
Oct 13, 2011, 10:37 AM
working now, but i expect more problems during this massive launch. so far i think they have done great.

spoke to soon..down again.

Kilamite
Oct 13, 2011, 10:49 AM
What annoys me most is that Mail pops up, even if it was hidden. Really interrupts workflow.

A simple red '!' over the Mail icon would be enough. Having it interrupt me like that is irritating.

Amerabian
Oct 13, 2011, 10:49 AM
I've downloaded iCloud about an hour ago so I was checking how things work and noticed that my Mail application is not synchronizing with iCloud

There may be a problem with the mail server or network.
Verify the settings for account “iCloud” or try again.

The server returned the error: The connection to
the server “p01-imap.mail.me.com” on port 993 timed out.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Nathaniel01
Oct 13, 2011, 10:50 AM
working now, but i expect more problems during this massive launch. so far i think they have done great.

spoke to soon..down again.

Same here... it was up for a short amount of time and now it's down again.

DrSkywalker
Oct 13, 2011, 10:51 AM
This has worked on my iMac and Air:
Mail/Preferences/Accounts - click on Advanced and change Authentication to Password instead of Apple Token.
Still some hiccups but seems to work fairly well

bryan85
Oct 13, 2011, 10:54 AM
Mail/Preferences/Accounts - click on Advanced and change Authentication to Password instead of Apple Token.

didn't work for me. :(

rick snagwell
Oct 13, 2011, 11:00 AM
it works perfect on my iphone4 on 4.2.8 actually never had a problem once. gotta be a rough day for iCloud team.

jonatron
Oct 13, 2011, 11:08 AM
I would say that maybe the problems are hardly surprising.

One fifth extra internet traffic out of the UK? I amazed anything still works!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/oct/13/ios-5-update-internet-traffic-spike

renewed
Oct 13, 2011, 11:14 AM
I'm so irritated. I paid $99 a year since 2007. No issues. MobileMe was perfect for me for my business. Now Apple decides to let everyone get a ****ing ID through iCloud and **** is all messed up. Thanks a lot Apple. :roll eyes:

If they weren't prepared for it then don't screw us over who actually paid and use this as their main email. Let the others go back to applefan123@yahoo and the like.

SamTheeGeek
Oct 13, 2011, 11:19 AM
It sucks that Apple screwed Mobile Me subscribers, i for one got my mail deleted and the password keeps getting rejected!

Please Apple fix this!!!!

d21mike
Oct 13, 2011, 11:22 AM
I am having the same problem on all of my devices. However, my last test, my iPhone and iPad are working but not my Mac Mini (running 10.7. of course). I deleted my iCould Account and then re-added and it loaded my mail but then ask for my Password again. I am showing Password instead of Apple Token in settings with normal setup. If I login to iCloud.com the Contacts and Calendar work but not Mail.

cschmelz
Oct 13, 2011, 11:28 AM
I am having the same problem on all of my devices. However, my last test, my iPhone and iPad are working but not my Mac Mini (running 10.7. of course). I deleted my iCould Account and then re-added and it loaded my mail but then ask for my Password again. I am showing Password instead of Apple Token in settings with normal setup. If I login to iCloud.com the Contacts and Calendar work but not Mail.

Weird that iOS devices work just fine but 10.7.2 devices don't...I'm getting my iCloud mail just fine on the iPhone!

rick snagwell
Oct 13, 2011, 11:29 AM
I would say that maybe the problems are hardly surprising.

One fifth extra internet traffic out of the UK? I amazed anything still works!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/oct/13/ios-5-update-internet-traffic-spike

and know they are screwed...constant traffic pouring in while trying to fix all the probs...thats why they get paid the $$

pbrooks
Oct 13, 2011, 11:31 AM
I've downloaded iCloud about an hour ago so I was checking how things work and noticed that my Mail application is not synchronizing with iCloud

There may be a problem with the mail server or network.
Verify the settings for account “iCloud” or try again.

The server returned the error: The connection to
the server “p01-imap.mail.me.com” on port 993 timed out.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. It's p--sing me off.

ScubaCinci
Oct 13, 2011, 11:42 AM
I'm so irritated. I paid $99 a year since 2007. No issues. MobileMe was perfect for me for my business. Now Apple decides to let everyone get a ****ing ID through iCloud and **** is all messed up. Thanks a lot Apple. :roll eyes:

If they weren't prepared for it then don't screw us over who actually paid and use this as their main email. Let the others go back to applefan123@yahoo and the like.
If I was using the phone for business, I would not have upgraded immediately. We should expect flawless execution but it's prudent to plan for the worst. I'm having the same issues and it's frustrating.

renewed
Oct 13, 2011, 11:45 AM
If I was using the phone for business, I would not have upgraded immediately. We should expect flawless execution but it's prudent to plan for the worst. I'm having the same issues and it's frustrating.

Yeah I understand that and I should of waited but it's still irritating. I have it working on my iPhone now so not all is lost but it's not 100%.

stephentross
Oct 13, 2011, 12:02 PM
Are you guys setting up iCloud with .me or .mac ID's? I set up my .mac on my iPhone with no issue. I set up my .mac and get the p99 error on the mail app. If i try with my .me it works. very frustrating. I do not want to be associated with .me at all. furthermore, setting up FaceTime .mac ID is already in use. how annoying is this? I feel as if apple has mac and .me all crisscrossed. I want 1 ID. and I want the one I paid for years ago. .mac

Rooskibar03
Oct 13, 2011, 12:03 PM
Spotty use at best of mail on iPad Mini this morning. iPad wont get mail at all anymore.

Keeps telling me my password is incorrect.

Yendog
Oct 13, 2011, 12:14 PM
i'm getting the same thing here a bunch... but then when I send a test email to myself it works fine...

I think it is as previous posters said.. the servers are just getting crushed.

I would love to see some numbers about data transfer out of apples servers this week!

Yooj
Oct 13, 2011, 12:36 PM
The problem is still active. Having attempted to reenter my iCloud password, it is repeatedly rejected, over and over again. Various mailboxes are also responding that my password is not correct, even though I haven't changed any of them. Clearly something very wrong with Apple on this migration, and they're not saying anything or providing any guidance.

mwohlers
Oct 13, 2011, 12:37 PM
system preferences/icloud....make sure mail and notes is checked

Yooj
Oct 13, 2011, 12:41 PM
As soon as I posted my immediately prior reply....as in immediately...the iCloud and other mail accounts started to actually work on my Mac, which hadn't happened before. Appears to now be working on iPhone as well, but not iPad.

Elbadasso
Oct 13, 2011, 12:53 PM
So I went to the appleID and changed my password to add a capital letter. Then I signed OUT of iCloud on the preferences panel. Put in test and test in user name and password to get an error and clear the cache. Put in the email and the new password with the capital in it and now I'm all set.

elmerPHuD
Oct 13, 2011, 12:59 PM
Having the same problem

d21mike
Oct 13, 2011, 01:07 PM
I believe Apple Servers were just having problems. I took my iCloud Account offline earlier (just used my business account). I put it back online 30 minutes ago and it has been working fine since.

N-Y
Oct 13, 2011, 01:11 PM
is anybody having problems singing in to https://appleid.apple.com/ to manage there nwe @me.com account

Goody
Oct 13, 2011, 01:24 PM
Working ATM Guys, Just Had 9 Mail Come Through :P
Do It While You Can, Don't Know How Long It'll Last...
[UK]
Goody

wolfpackfan
Oct 13, 2011, 01:49 PM
Same here... it was up for a short amount of time and now it's down again.

Still not working 2:50 EDT. Web access is fine, but access via Mail app on Mac or iPad or iPhone don't work. Just like the Mobile Me release.

rick snagwell
Oct 13, 2011, 02:35 PM
been working good for the last hour.

Broric
Oct 13, 2011, 02:39 PM
been working good for the last hour.

Still down here (UK)

Gonky
Oct 13, 2011, 03:01 PM
A day and a half and it's been down for me. Anybody have a contact email address for Apple about this? It's causing me a significant hassle considering my me.com email address is used for work as well as play.

LapsangSouchong
Oct 13, 2011, 04:50 PM
is anybody having problems singing in to https://appleid.apple.com/ to manage there nwe @me.com account

yep. Been trying to change my password since yesterday.

jordanogrady
Oct 14, 2011, 04:08 AM
Mine is slowly starting to work, the calendar updates are a little slow, but they are getting there eventually!

17hn
Oct 14, 2011, 04:41 PM
Yes. It's p--sing me off.

Go to Mail Preferences>Accounts and change the username to the same email address listed in iCloud.com as your apple ID. For me this was my .mac email address. Also ensure SSL is ticked on Advanced Settings in Mail Accounts. Save these settings then quit mail and then reopen it. This fixed it for me.

brevans61
Oct 14, 2011, 09:49 PM

Thanks for the Tip. This seems to have fixed my problems.

Note: I was not a Mobilme customer but I was having the same problems with Apple Mail as everyone else. It was rejecting my password

skocdopolis
Oct 16, 2011, 06:49 PM
Exactly the same behavior on my MB Pro... IMAP rejecting password... Why? On my iPhone everything was OK... Short time later I have found small difference in account definition: The IMAP on my MBP Mail was still asking for account "name@me.com", but on iPhone it was "name@mac.com"... Therefore I have checked my iCloud settings on MBP (System Preferences -> iCloud) - and voila! - the Apple ID was set to "name@me.com" (it was made during Me.com to iCloud transfer process without my intervention. So I had to log out from iCloud and log in again with proper Apple ID - "name@mac.com"... Since then mail on my MBP is working like a champ... :)

ramz003
Oct 16, 2011, 07:17 PM
I cant access email on webpage as of 7:15pm CST

TomH TX
Oct 16, 2011, 07:30 PM
It is NOT you. Mobile me is giving the same recurring password error. something has messed up both Cloud email, and MM email.

scottrichardson
Oct 16, 2011, 07:57 PM
Pretty sure Apple have set it up so you can inter-mix your @me and @mac addresses and it won't matter. At least that's the way it should be once the system is working properly. I have, over the last few years, used @mac or @me for iTunes and mail etc etc and both have done the exact same job.

ak4mc
Oct 16, 2011, 10:12 PM
I've tried three different mail clients on my Win7 laptop and none of them can get through to iCloud's IMAP server. The SMTP server is no problem; messages go out -- but any attempt to access iCloud mail folders, including to save sent messages to the Sent folder, fails with "username or password incorrect."

I really need to be able to use a mail client on my Windows PC with any email address I intend to use for any purpose, and I even installed Microsoft Outlook to try to make the setup work. No go -- though honestly, that was a relief.

Edited to add: On my iPhone it works perfectly, no problem.

Gemütlichkeit
Oct 16, 2011, 10:15 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one :D

techpr
Oct 16, 2011, 10:20 PM
www.iCloud.com works OK, Lion Mail works OK, iPad 1 w/ iOS5 works OK, but can't past the configuration for Mail on iPhone 3G. Says Password incorrect no matter what I do.

derickdub
Oct 17, 2011, 06:30 PM
www.iCloud.com works OK, Lion Mail works OK, iPad 1 w/ iOS5 works OK, but can't past the configuration for Mail on iPhone 3G. Says Password incorrect no matter what I do.

I am having this exact same problem. I can send an email from my iCloud account to my Gmail account from any device but my iPhone. I just get that the password is incorrect every time.

Kingofmyroom
Oct 20, 2011, 05:10 AM
It seems as though Apple has created new requirements for Apple ID/iCloud passwords. They now require you to have 8 characters, a capital letter, and a number in your password. I just changed mine to suit those parameters, logged back into iCloud and its working fine now.

ak4mc
Oct 20, 2011, 02:43 PM
It seems as though Apple has created new requirements for Apple ID/iCloud passwords. They now require you to have 8 characters, a capital letter, and a number in your password. I just changed mine to suit those parameters, logged back into iCloud and its working fine now.

This requirement was in effect when I created my Apple account last year, so that's not the issue for me. This is getting very frustrating -- no two people having this problem seem able to resolve it the same way.

madasabloke
Oct 20, 2011, 03:02 PM
It seems as though Apple has created new requirements for Apple ID/iCloud passwords. They now require you to have 8 characters, a capital letter, and a number in your password. I just changed mine to suit those parameters, logged back into iCloud and its working fine now.THANKS!!!! :):)

Changing my password to the capital/number/letter/sybol worked....... for receiving mail, now I am just getting the same issue (password or log gin incorrect) just for sending mail..... half way there :roll eyes:

Also is it possible to 'sync' contacts outside iCloud onto my iPhone 3G??

:apple:

madasabloke
Oct 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
Email now sent!

After I changed the password to the Apple recommended type I left a test email to myself in my outbox and its just gone through.

I used these settings on my iPhone 3G.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864?locale=en_US&login=email

Good luck

okenter
Oct 21, 2011, 09:15 AM
THANKS!!!! :):)

Changing my password to the capital/number/letter/sybol worked....... for receiving mail, now I am just getting the same issue (password or log gin incorrect) just for sending mail..... half way there :roll eyes:

Also is it possible to 'sync' contacts outside iCloud onto my iPhone 3G??

mac13k wrote in a separate post:
For calendar sync.

1. Go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/Add Account.../other/CalDav
2. Type the following settings:
Server: caldav.icloud.com
User Name: your @me.com address
Password: your MM password
Description: Contacts iCloud

3. press Done and wait. The verification can take some time. After that you will have a new CalDav account. If you are lucky it will sync and you are home. If you are like me it will not sync. We need to make one adjustment.

4. Go to your new CaldDav account settings. You may notice that the server name has been changed to p02-caldav.icloud.com or something like that (p01, p03 etc.). That's good. We want that.
5. Now tap on "Advanced Settings" and copy the Account URL (all of it: from https:// ... to principal).
6. go back to your CalDav account click on Server. Delete the current address ("p0x-caldav.icloud.com") and paste the address you copied from advanced settings. Hit Done and wait for verification. Now it should sync.

Fllow the same procedure for contacts with one difference - in step 2 you type contacts.icloud.com as server address.

ak4mc
Oct 21, 2011, 05:56 PM
Changing my password didn't help.

Edited to add: I've got Windows Live Mail working with iCloud, and I guess I'll be using it instead of Thunderbird, at least for now.

tiemroth
Apr 3, 2012, 12:22 PM
See title

Makman8
Apr 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
See title

Im surprised there aren't more comments recently. The Apple forums have been blowing up with lots of people having the issue. I am too sadly :mad:

Rychy
Apr 3, 2012, 04:48 PM
I'm having this issue as well ... really starting to annoy me. It's been going on consistently for two or three weeks now.

LxHunter
Apr 3, 2012, 05:33 PM
Wirelessly posted

Me too, in 5.1 and 10.7.3
I am glad I have Gmail and Dropbox.
I have wasted so much time on iCloud and and @me dealing with problems.

rockford417
Apr 12, 2012, 05:55 PM
Here we go again on my Imac running Snow Leopard with all the updates and virus/malware firewalls. My Iphone and Ipad work. In my case it is Snow Leopard and since I already migrated my Me stuff to iCloud I had to use this link to set up Mail. Now it works. There is also a link for those Snow Leopard or Leopard users who have not already migrated their ME accounts.

http://www.wilmut.webspace.virginmedia.com/notes/icloudmail.html

NJRonbo
Apr 13, 2012, 10:36 AM
I am having the same problem as well.

Email Pop-up keeps asking for my cloud password and then keeps rejecting it.

Is Apple aware of this problem?

Dopeyman
Apr 16, 2012, 01:23 PM
I'm also/still having this problem... All the suggestions here do not work for me...

my iPhone 4 running OS 5.1 and using iCloud via Firefox works perfectly...

Any other suggestions?

QuarterSwede
Apr 16, 2012, 01:26 PM
Same here on 10.7.3. It rarely rejects it but it did ask me to enter it again today. It's fairly uncommon for me.

libra88
Apr 18, 2012, 12:09 PM
This has been a common problem for me for a while now. I know the password is correct because I just checked my email via safari @ iCloud.com. C'mon Apple your only one of the richest companies in the world, fork out what you have to keep your iCloud email working. I pay a subscription for additional iCloud space. This clearly has been a problem for months, & a great man who is no longer with us would be spinning in his grave if his customers had to put up with this to get their iCloud email via a Mac. Anyone else not have this issue as much on their iOS device(s)?

Watabou
Apr 18, 2012, 12:44 PM
Same problem. It happens whether I use Sparrow or Mail, every day at least. I also use gmail on Mail but it only asks for my iCloud email.

djshack
Apr 18, 2012, 01:49 PM
I finally gave up and switched my primary back to Gmail. I don't want a primary account I don't trust (this combined with recent reports of email simply not sending and/or arriving).

whsbuss
Apr 18, 2012, 03:30 PM
I finally gave up and switched my primary back to Gmail. I don't want a primary account I don't trust (this combined with recent reports of email simply not sending and/or arriving).

Never changed my gmail primary account. iCloud is too unpredictable

YsoSerious
Apr 18, 2012, 09:19 PM
I was just about to come on here and ask about the same password problem.

Dopeyman
Apr 21, 2012, 02:56 AM
I think I fixed my/the issue....

I'm on a early 2006 iMac (CD not C2D) running SL since I can't run Lion...

Anyways, I deleted my mobileme account from the mail settings and created a new account using the settings from HERE.... (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4864)

shawjonathan
May 23, 2012, 07:06 PM
I'm having this problem now, months later. I can't access my iCloud or iTunes accounts, and I can't find anywhere on the Apple site where I can ask for help

wab764
May 27, 2012, 02:29 AM
I cannot access my email.It is asking for my password. It was ok an hour ago now this has started popping up and i have lost all access.
It is "p99-imap.mail.me.com".
Jim M