PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Battery: Age of your mac: 28 weeks???

disarticulate
Oct 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
I just bought this Macbook Air a few days ago and Coconut battery says its age is 28 weeks. Is this just an error by the program, or what's going on here?

simsaladimbamba
Oct 14, 2011, 01:08 PM
It can be an error, but it could also be, that the MBA rolled off the production line 28 weeks ago. Since then it has been a zombie and now you just revived it.

Anyway, you can check with your serial number here: www.appleserialnumberinfo.com

calvol
Oct 14, 2011, 01:15 PM
There were a lot of reports like this when the 2011 MBA was released, probably indicates a lot of them were built back in Feb/Mar timeframe and shelved until the official release a few months later. Should be no big deal, although there is a time-dependent degradation of lithium batteries.

fade-
Oct 14, 2011, 01:21 PM
my mid 2011 has an age of 7 months according to coconut... :/

Gemütlichkeit
Oct 14, 2011, 01:50 PM
batteries are made somewhere else that sit in a warehouse until they're needed by the manufacturer.

not a big deal, it's not going to be as new as the day you bought it.

TheRealDamager
Oct 14, 2011, 09:15 PM
or Coconut Battery is just reading something wrong.

Cynicalone
Oct 15, 2011, 08:57 AM
coconutBattery was never updated for the new Apple serial number system.

If you do a bit of Googling you can find the new system. Apple has done a good job of hiding it, but you can find it if you look.

For example with the new system I can tell you my i7 was built in June, but according to coconutBattery it is 8 months old.

ThomasBoss
Oct 15, 2011, 09:00 AM
take cocconutbattery with a pinch of salt, it has been known to get things like this messed up at times :)

GGJstudios
Oct 15, 2011, 09:04 AM
batteries are made somewhere else that sit in a warehouse until they're needed by the manufacturer.
Battery ages are not measured and never displayed by coconutBattery; only the age of the Mac.
or Coconut Battery is just reading something wrong.
This ^^^
coconutBattery was never updated for the new Apple serial number system.
Exactly. Apple Tweaks Serial Number Format With New MacBook Pro (http://www.junkfoodjunkie.no/2010/apple-tweaks-serial-number-format-with-new-macbook-pro/)

Cynicalone
Oct 16, 2011, 11:07 AM
Funny we are talking about this again for the hundredth time and finally today an update was released. :)

http://www.coconut-flavour.com/

kp416
Oct 16, 2011, 03:58 PM
I have had my MBA for 12 days and it is listed as 2 weeks old.

I doubt it is accurate considering I bought it at Best Buy.

GGJstudios
Oct 16, 2011, 04:01 PM
I have had my MBA for 12 days and it is listed as 2 weeks old.

I doubt it is accurate considering I bought it at Best Buy.
See the post just before yours. Also, it doesn't matter whether you buy it from Best Buy or Apple and it doesn't matter how long you've had it.