PDA

View Full Version : iPod Classic and iPhone

Appler8
Oct 14, 2011, 11:16 PM
How many of you have the iPod Classic and iPhone? Even though the iPhone (which I currently have) already holds music, I have the cash and I'm pretty tempted to buy the iPod classic simply because of the space, and overall 'classic' ipod feel, plus it's a great a collector's item . What are your guys' thoughts? Would it be plain dumb to have two devices that hold music? Thanks.

dsiee
Oct 15, 2011, 07:29 AM
I'm also considering this option but now there's a 64gb iPhone I'm total stumped:confused:
Thing is-
iPhone 4s 16gb + iPod classic 160gb = AU$1079
iPhone 4s 64gb = AU$999

So it's basically the same price leaving us with a 2 specialized devices vs 1 all-in-one device with less capacity.

OP- sorry, I didn't really help too much but like I said I'm in the same predicament myself:confused:

EDIT: fixed prices

Illumination
Oct 15, 2011, 01:13 PM
I have both. My iPhone is only 8GB, plus it's nice to have a backup device. The only problem with the classic is its bulkiness. I'm considering an iPhone + 16GB nano option instead.

penfan82
Oct 15, 2011, 04:58 PM
Don't have an iPhone however do have droid x but also have iPod touch classic and iPad use touch in my speakers and classic in car so u can find uses for all

mrsir2009
Oct 15, 2011, 06:39 PM
You should get one of these. It doesn't have the bulk of the iPod Classic, it has decent space and it has the 'iPod feel'.
http://aux.iconpedia.net/uploads/254736284.png

Illumination
Oct 15, 2011, 08:01 PM
You should get one of these. It doesn't have the bulk of the iPod Classic, it has decent space and it has the 'iPod feel'.
[snip]
This is actually a very clever idea. I would pick up a good condition 4th or 5th generation nano with 16GB. It's light, has an intuitive interface with a decent screen, and can hold a decent amount of music. I wish Apple had offered the 5th generation in 32GB, that would have been amazing.

Rawkfist
Oct 15, 2011, 08:20 PM
I have had both for years. I seldom use my phone for music unless it's Pandora or MOG. I have over 320 GB of music in iTunes so the phone is on the small side capacity-wise. I like the idea of a large capacity music player. If you need the capacity, go for the Classic. I like mine a lot and will miss the Classic if it is dropped from the iPod line. To be clear, I use my Classic in my vehicle. Carrying an iPhone AND a Classic would be a pain. Did I mention that I really like the Classic?

rgarjr
Oct 17, 2011, 11:20 PM
Support the classic and get it.