Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr.Gargoyle

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2004
lat: 55.7222°N, long: 13.1971°E
I have an APE at home. When I made a SU this morning, it found nothing to upgrade which is a bit weird since I hadn't DL iTunes 4.8.
I havent heard anything about updated software to APE. My impression is that SU has behaved a bit strange after I installed Tiger.
Do you run Tiger?

iSaint

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dr.Gargoyle said:
I have an APE at home. When I made a SU this morning, it found nothing to upgrade which is a bit weird since I hadn't DL iTunes 4.8.
I havent heard anything about updated software to APE. My impression is that SU has behaved a bit strange after I installed Tiger.
Do you run Tiger?

Yes, I installed Tiger last Friday. However I just turned my AE back on yesterday so it hadn't had a chance to change anything yet, if that is the case.

I also downloaded iTunes 4.8

edit: halfway to Avatar status...booya!

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
Dr.Gargoyle said:
I use it as an access point and with my printer
How's the range?

Also, I currently have a Linksys AP that works great but a netgear router that gets reset no less than once a day. Any problems with having to power cycle the APE to get it to work again?

iSaint

macrumors 603
Original poster
topgunn said:
Do you guys use the APE as an access point or just to stream iTunes or use a printer?

Access point only right now. My range is good. I have about a 2,000 sq ft one-story home and I get signal throughout easily. I'm even sharing my signal with my old Compaq desktop. My church is about 200 yards away and I get intermitent (sic?) useable signal there.

Dr.Gargoyle

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2004
lat: 55.7222°N, long: 13.1971°E
iSaint said:
Access point only right now. My range is good. I have about a 2,000 sq ft one-story home and I get signal throughout easily. I'm even sharing my signal with my old Compaq desktop. My church is about 200 yards away and I get intermitent (sic?) useable signal there.
You surf in the church????

bcsmith

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2004
Oaktown, CA
iSaint said:
I just went to the Airport Admin Utility to do a reset, and it told me there was new software available to upload to my base station. It uploaded and reset fine. Was this part of Tiger? Anyone else see this?

This was probably an old update that you downloaded awhile ago and forgot about. It was triggered when you opened AAU for the first time (since download).

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Thanks for reminding me. It was indeed an old update, but I was away from home for a while, so I don't have a chance to connect to my APExtreme and APExpress. They're now 5.5.1 and 6.1.1 respectively.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.