Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcrockett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
I'm new to Mac.. in the Mail Version 2.0 (727/728), I'd like to add Bcc to the address book. It now has To and Cc but no Bcc. Is there a way to add Bcc to the Mail Address Book (not the message... I found that :) )

/Users/roycrockett/Desktop/Picture 1.png

Also, how do I add an image to THIS message??

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
I think I understand your first question, so I'll give it a try.

I see how the Address Book interface that pops up only has the To: and CC: buttons. However, if you have chosen to display the BCC: field in your email, you can simply drag a contact from that Address Book interface into the BCC field and it will put it there.

To be honest, I had never used that Address button in Mail because I always just start typing and Mail autocompletes for me either from my Address Book or from previous emails. You could try that too--just start typing the first part of the email address or the contact's name. So, if I type "M" in any field, I get a drop down of every contact whose name or email starts with "M." That should work pretty well for you too.

rcrockett

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2005
Thanks for your time and information. You way is the easiest and I guess my wife will just have to adjust... we just moved to Mac's and the mail program is a little different. I appreciate your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.