PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Internal Mic Not Functioning

DinoAdventure
May 13, 2005, 07:02 PM
I just got a 15" Powerbook G4 Superdrive, and I can't seem to make the internal mic work. I select it has the desired audio device under System Preferences, but both Logic Express and Garage Band just record static. Any suggestions? I just got it yesterday, it is my first mac and I'm having a lot of fun with it, but I hope I won't need to send it out for repair. I was going to call apple but I figured I might as well try a forum first.

Thanks a bundle.

Eniregnat
May 13, 2005, 07:46 PM
Perhaps it's a problem with the powerbook.
Under System Prefrences-->Sound-->Input (select Internal Microphone) you should see the meeter move when you type or move your finger over the microphone.

Another check, rerout the audio with SoundFlower ( http://www.cycling74.com/products/soundflower.html ), and see if you can port it somewhere else.

James Philp
May 13, 2005, 07:49 PM
Perhaps it's a problem with the powerbook.
Under System Prefrences-->Sound-->Input (select Internal Microphone) you should see the meeter move when you type or move your finger over the microphone.

Another check, rerout the audio with SoundFlower ( http://www.cycling74.com/products/soundflower.html ), and see if you can port it somewhere else.
sounds like solid advice.
Having sound problems? go to system prefs>sound !
Yes Macs can be as simple as that!

DinoAdventure
May 13, 2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah, it must be a problem with my powerbook. The lines never move, even when I run my finger over the mic. I guess I'll call apple tommorow and see what they say.

Thanks

James Philp
May 13, 2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah, it must be a problem with my powerbook. The lines never move, even when I run my finger over the mic. I guess I'll call apple tommorow and see what they say.

Thanks
even adjusting the volume setting under them?

DinoAdventure
May 13, 2005, 09:01 PM
Yep, that has no effect. When I first got it (last night) the first 3 lines would be constantly jumping up and down causing static, but now I have no lines and no static. I hope I don't have to send it out for repair, seeing how I just got it and all. That would be a shame. Maybe I can make the trek to the nearest apple store and see if they'll fix it... guess I'll just have to wait and see on tommorow.