PDA

View Full Version : iBook airport fails to see network

iMetalG5
May 13, 2005, 10:28 PM
This is strange, sometimes my iBook fails to see my network and I have to turn airport off and leave it off for about a min. and then turn it back on. It then connects to my network but why does this happen? Is there a way to stop this from happening?

TyWahn
May 14, 2005, 10:15 PM
This happened to my iBook so often I finally ditched the stupid AirPort and had a hard wire put in my office. This was AFTER I had to buy a new card.
I could never get anybody to explain why this was happening.
Sorry no answer, but you are not alone on this one.
BTW .. what kind of iBook/Airport? Extreme?
I had an old Graphite Clamshell..

aussie_geek
May 15, 2005, 03:26 AM
Have you made a custom location for your network? By default, Mac's network locations are set to automatic. If you have not configured it, your Mac will be looking for access over all ports - Airport, ethernet, bluetooth, modem and firewire.

I would suggest going into your network control pane in system preferences and make a new location. Enter the relevent details, in your case Airport and set it to join a specific network when in that network location.

My PowerBook roams between home and work using a combination of 2 Airport networks, a modem and an ethernet network. Having individual locations set up make it easy - just select where you are and then you are online.

Sometimes my network drops out as well but all I do is switch to another location and back to the original one and it re-connects. It happens about once a month.

aussie_geek

qzak
May 17, 2005, 07:18 AM
sounds kinda like my problem, which others are having too.. check out my post herehere (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=126956)

Savage Henry
May 17, 2005, 08:11 AM
My iBook suffers with the Airport signal as well. I try tilting it, tapping it, seated from a different room, fiddling with the Airport signal setup; eventually it finds it...just before I sling it out the window. I've never had a permanent shut out.