Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mateybob

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Sydney
Today the volume button on my ipod remote stopped working. Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether this sort of thing is covered by warranty?

Thanks.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
If you call the apple helpline, they should be able to tell you. They do give out replacement headphones at times, (given a valid reason), so I don't see why they wouldn't for the remote if within the warranty.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mateybob said:
Today the volume button on my ipod remote stopped working. Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether this sort of thing is covered by warranty?

Thanks.

If you weren't in Sydney, I'd give you mine. Used it once.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
mateybob said:

Thanks.

If you have Applecare, or are within your one year warranty service, you can get it replaced. You can fill out a form to get this replaced on the internet at Apples site if you they won't talk to you on the phone.

pfmagic

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2005
Remote replacement

My remote worked for a few months then started adding static - I think it was a loose connection. I called AppleCare and they sent me a new one - I received it the next day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.