Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacPC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
Hi, I need some help ftp to my server from the lion built in ftp client. I have been using CyberDuck for a long time, but lately it has been giving me some problem so I switch to the built in client, but I keep getting this error message from lion "The share does not exist on the server. Please check the share name, and then try again." what did I do wrong? CyberDuck always let me get to my server, but after a few minute, it starts to freeze.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Have you tried examining the settings for each, and for your server? The fact that two clients can't get on reliably means something is probably wrong with your connection.

We'd need more info to help you.

Rob

johnhurley

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2011
Hi, I need some help ftp to my server from the lion built in ftp client. I have been using CyberDuck for a long time, but lately it has been giving me some problem so I switch to the built in client, but I keep getting this error message from lion "The share does not exist on the server. Please check the share name, and then try again." what did I do wrong? CyberDuck always let me get to my server, but after a few minute, it starts to freeze.

File Zilla works just peachy and is well supported and kept up to date and cross platform and free.

Lots of other good alternatives if you want to pay for an ftp client.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.