PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Question regarding Reported threads.

saving107
Nov 17, 2011, 01:39 AM
This question is mainly directed to a Mod, but if someone else knows the answer, then I welcome the response.

Earlier today I reported a post because it contained an offensive image (the image was safe, but the caption used an "F" word, a word used to describe gay people).

My question is, if I report a post and then that user edits their post to remove the image, can a mod see what the image was originally or will my report now seem out-of-context and baseless?

Hellhammer
Nov 17, 2011, 03:40 AM
We can see the original post, it's pasted into the post report.

saving107
Nov 17, 2011, 03:42 AM
We can see the original post, it's pasted into the post report.

As always Hellhammer, thank you.

simsaladimbamba
Nov 17, 2011, 03:43 AM
And too late to the game:

As your post edits are visible to you and you can compare your edits, moderators and admins will be able to do the same with all posts:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10644330/MR_Image_Hotlinks/MR_screenshots/MR_screenshots_2011_11/2011_11_17_pA1_PostEditsVisible.png

PS: Since I edited this post without adding a reason for editing and was within the five minutes window before an edit comes visible below the post, can I only see my edits, when I type something into the Reason field? And can mods see my edits despite being in the five minute window?

saving107
Nov 17, 2011, 03:46 AM
Snip

I never knew this, awesome

Hellhammer
Nov 17, 2011, 03:53 AM
PS: Since I edited this post without adding a reason for editing and was within the five minutes window before an edit comes visible below the post, can I only see my edits, when I type something into the Reason field? And can mods see my edits despite being in the five minute window?

Edits within five minutes can only been seen if a reason is added. Even we can't see the edits.

simsaladimbamba
Nov 17, 2011, 03:56 AM
Edits within five minutes can only been seen if a reason is added. Even we can't see the edits.

Thanks, that is goooooooooood to know.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10644330/MR_Image_Hotlinks/MR_screenshots/MR_screenshots_2011_11/2011_11_17_pB1_evil-rubbing-hands.gif