Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saving107

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
This question is mainly directed to a Mod, but if someone else knows the answer, then I welcome the response.

Earlier today I reported a post because it contained an offensive image (the image was safe, but the caption used an "F" word, a word used to describe gay people).

My question is, if I report a post and then that user edits their post to remove the image, can a mod see what the image was originally or will my report now seem out-of-context and baseless?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
And too late to the game:

As your post edits are visible to you and you can compare your edits, moderators and admins will be able to do the same with all posts:
2011_11_17_pA1_PostEditsVisible.png

PS: Since I edited this post without adding a reason for editing and was within the five minutes window before an edit comes visible below the post, can I only see my edits, when I type something into the Reason field? And can mods see my edits despite being in the five minute window?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
PS: Since I edited this post without adding a reason for editing and was within the five minutes window before an edit comes visible below the post, can I only see my edits, when I type something into the Reason field? And can mods see my edits despite being in the five minute window?

Edits within five minutes can only been seen if a reason is added. Even we can't see the edits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.