PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack Pro and Motion power?

archosage
May 22, 2005, 12:41 AM
How much power would be sufficient to run Soundtrack Pro and Motion 2? I was planning on a iMav G5 2 ghz with 2GB of ram, but am unsure on how well it would run each program? Would I be able to work efficiently with this setup? Also, I'll be working with final cut studio, and FCP, so would a 17" really hinder me when video editing than a 20" iMac? I want to ask video editors for their opinions because I will be new to pro/prosumer video editing on a mac desktop.

jackieonasses
May 22, 2005, 12:47 AM
That will work fine. Motion is definitely the hardest program to run.... but it will... Just max the ram out.

I had to edit a post-production hdv video for a amateur video team using a 450mhz Cube... so Editing doesn't take quite as much power.... (just alot of headaches!)

kyle

virus1
Jun 1, 2005, 05:33 PM
my 1.42 GHz mac mini runs soundtrack pro fine, so don't worry about that. motion is the big problem..

saunders45
Jun 1, 2005, 06:04 PM
Motion is all about the video card. System memory doesn't make much of a difference. It's gonna chug on that stock 9600.

Lacero
Jun 1, 2005, 06:04 PM
Soundtrack Pro is really laggy for me on my Dual 1.8Ghz PM. I think the app still needs quite a bit of optimization.

Rod Rod
Jun 2, 2005, 09:20 PM
Motion is all about the video card. System memory doesn't make much of a difference. It's gonna chug on that stock 9600.
. . . but not nearly as badly as it would with the nVidia 5200.