Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Texas
Hi, I am looking to buy a vintage Powermac 7300/180 or 7300/200. I ad one "back in the day" and loved it - regrettably, like so many others, my employer decided that Windows 95 was good enough and "upgraded" us all to PCs.

Many years later now, I would like to buy one for myself - I'm a bit of a collector. Besides eBay, Craigslist and HeadGap, are you aware of other active "vintage" sites? Thanks!

WGoins88

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
Good places would be 68kmla.org and vintage-computer.com forums. I know there's more, but those are the 2 that come to mind.

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Another possibility would be to decide if you really have to have nothing less than a 7330 from a nostalgic perspective, since there's probably plenty of MR readers who have similar vintage machines, although of different models. For example, I have an 8500 laying around unused that could use a new home.

-hh

cburton

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
Hi, I am looking to buy a vintage Powermac 7300/180 or 7300/200. I ad one "back in the day" and loved it - regrettably, like so many others, my employer decided that Windows 95 was good enough and "upgraded" us all to PCs.

Many years later now, I would like to buy one for myself - I'm a bit of a collector. Besides eBay, Craigslist and HeadGap, are you aware of other active "vintage" sites? Thanks!

Oh man ... I just had two 7300/200's recycled about a month ago. Would have been nice to send them to a nice new home.

marinabonf

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2012
Powermac 7300/200

Hi, I have a 7300/200 Powermac in working condiction here in Palermo, Sicily.
If you are still interested, I can send it to you, if you pay me the delivery charges.
Marinabonf

RichardOwens

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2011
This will break your heart.

I had a garage sale to help clear a deceased estate.

I was using 7300 no-goes as legs on a test bench.

They were in the hundreds, stacked two and three deep against the wall floor to ceiling.

Most were unsold and their fate is unknown after being returned to storage.

They sold for not much, the no-goes were a $1 and one guy bought about 14 or so and we found some more so we kept stacking them in the car until he left.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.