PDA

View Full Version : lion and the funky programs

fronteren
Dec 1, 2011, 07:31 AM
Is there a/any particular reason(s) why Lion is not hooked on running programs like pro tool, Autodesk Maya/Automotive. what is wrong, and is there anything to do to make it work?

maflynn
Dec 1, 2011, 07:40 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "hooked on" autodesk is compatible to OSX. Are you running into some sort of compatibility issue?

fronteren
Dec 2, 2011, 03:23 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "hooked on" autodesk is compatible to OSX. Are you running into some sort of compatibility issue?

Sorry for the poor explanation, but you got it right maflynn. What I reed around the net, is that OS X lion has a compatibility problem with different programs. When I installed pro tools (the newest version) a message came up and told me that that lion is not compatible with the program, therefor a no go. Something is wrong but what, I don't know.

I innerly hope one of you brainy guys have some troubleshooting toward a solution

thanks

old-wiz
Dec 2, 2011, 08:42 AM
Most likely you need to upgrade the application to a lion-compatible version. Things like this happen when the OS updates, but the applications haven't caught up. Sometimes the app developer will not do the work to update the app and it's abandoned.