PDA

View Full Version : Pandora and iPod???

driphone
Dec 2, 2011, 08:43 AM
I need to run Pandora radio in my office. What is the minimum iPod model & what generation that has WiFi and can play Pandora without any problems?
Thx.
Sam

cshearer
Dec 2, 2011, 08:57 AM
I need to run Pandora radio in my office. What is the minimum iPod model & what generation that has WiFi and can play Pandora without any problems?
Thx.
SamI believe you would be good with buying the first generation iPod touch. Looking on the app store, the minimum software version required is iOS 3.0, which I believe this iPod supports.

LotusLord
Dec 2, 2011, 08:59 AM
any iPod touch will work, though I'd recommend at least a 3rd Gen, as it still supports the newest versions of iOS.

driphone
Dec 2, 2011, 12:14 PM
I believe you would be good with buying the first generation iPod touch. Looking on the app store, the minimum software version required is iOS 3.0, which I believe this iPod supports.

So I assume a 2nd generation iPod touch will do the job.

any iPod touch will work, though I'd recommend at least a 3rd Gen, as it still supports the newest versions of iOS.

The only use for it is to play Pandora from our storage room. Do you still think buying a 3rd generation is warranted?

Thx.
Sam

thejadedmonkey
Dec 10, 2011, 01:39 PM
So I assume a 2nd generation iPod touch will do the job.

The only use for it is to play Pandora from our storage room. Do you still think buying a 3rd generation is warranted?

Thx.
Sam

I have a 2nd gen one. It does the job. A 3rd gen one will do the job faster :p

The nice thing is that a 3rd gen one can run the newer OS though, so more app compatability if you want it.