PDA

View Full Version : Coming from a Laptop with Dedicated Graphics/ Core2Duo 2.26GHz

ethics101
Dec 3, 2011, 04:07 PM
I'm not very versed when it comes to benchmarks, but I'm coming from a laptop that has a 2.26GHZ T8400 Core2Duo with a Nvidia 9600m GT. As I don't do much other than youtube, excel, vba, access, HTML, 1080p video, I was looking to ditch the dedicated graphics. Will speed be a problem if I switch over to the base 13 MBA? I'm just hoping I don't end up with a very very expensive netbook.

Xikum
Dec 3, 2011, 04:15 PM
The 2011 MBA can power a 27" Thunderbolt display, so a 1080p video is no problem for it.

Dont worry about it. A 2011 MBA can handle all of those tasks with ease.

Risasi
Dec 3, 2011, 04:16 PM
The Air is by no means a netbook. In fact for many people it's serving as a desktop replacement. The 13" MBA will do you fine.

Kyllle
Dec 3, 2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah I'm coming from the same exact graphics chip and a slightly slower CPU, but I know that the CPU is definitely a lot better on the air, and I think the graphics are more of a lateral move, not better but not really worse either.

So while it may seem that after 2 years (which is how old my computer is; yours is probably similar to have the same graphics), Apple should be able to come up with something better, at least it's not anything worse.