PDA

View Full Version : Lion Bug? - Folders added to sidebar disappear after reset

Kokichi
Dec 4, 2011, 07:09 AM
Hey everyone, I have an irritating bug that I can't seem to find any help for online. I can drag and drop a folder to the "Favorites" sidebar in Finder and have it stay there for easy access - just like I could do in Snow Leopard. However, since using Lion, whenever I restart my computer, all the folders under "Favorites" that I added (via dragging and dropping) disappear. The only folders that will remain even after I reset the computer are the ones that I select from going to Finder -> Properties -> Sidebar. Is there any reason why my folders keep disappearing? Am I completely missing something that they added in Lion that wasn't an issue in SL? Thanks for your help!

amyc
Jan 21, 2012, 01:01 PM
I wish I could offer you some help, but I'm having the exact same problem. (Thought you might want to know you're not totally crazy!)

I also cannot drag my files over to the sidebar (have to use command T to get them into the sidebar) and then once I open a file from the sidebar, it disappears.

Anyone know how to fix? Thanks!

bdodds1985
Jan 21, 2012, 01:19 PM
are they folders from an external?

amyc
Jan 23, 2012, 05:18 PM
Re: are they folders from an external

No. They're local files. I've had these folders in my sidebar for years and it's just since I upgraded to Lion that they've begun to disappear.

Apple Jam
Feb 9, 2012, 07:16 PM
from the sidebar, but they are still intact in their expected locations. It is like something cause the sidebar to "forget" my customizations.