PDA

View Full Version : 2011 MBA 11" - clicky sound on wrist resting area

Quackington
Dec 5, 2011, 12:46 PM
Hi all,

I bought a MBA in July this year, the new 11" model. All has been fine and dandy until lately, where I've heard/felt a click when resting my wrists on either side of the trackpad. I can't regularly recreate the sound, but it happens quite often. Is this normal, or should I take it into Apple to get it looked at?

Thanks.

psxguru
Dec 6, 2011, 07:36 AM
It's basically the case.

If it's not doing it a lot then don't worry about it otherwise get a pentalobe screwdriver (make sure it's the right size) off ebay etc and reseat the base cover and screws.

I think the genius bar could do it for you as well?

altecXP
Dec 6, 2011, 01:25 PM
I had the Bar tighten my screws I had a click as well, just the screws a little loose.

Quackington
Dec 9, 2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys. I work close to an Apple store, so will take it in. Since posting this message, the clicking sound has become much more common.

Most appreciated.

stark4
Dec 11, 2011, 09:46 AM
I'm having the same click sound problem. If I take it to the apple store are they gonna fix it permanently or is it gonna come back?

tomaseriksson
Dec 11, 2011, 11:41 AM
I had the same issue with my 13". As i live in sweden (no applestores), so I ordered a cheap screwdriver from ebay, loosened the screws on the bottom a little bit, re-aligned the bottom and then tightened them. Everything has been fine since, and that was 3-4 month ago.