Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
hereeeeeee we go again, M$ is now copying apple's "switch" campaign with a new campaign of their own...about time for apple to take some action against this..i dunno if this has already been posted already tho

Mac to PC M$ Site

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
as soon as m$'s switch commercials are on tv, apple should make fun of m$'s switch commercials, n the m$ switch commercials will probably be lame anyways (n talking bout the era of mac II n such n not about the current era of macs lol)

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
I was a little worried she was gonna have more problems, but as soon as I read that her 'broadband cable' was compatible, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Thirteenva

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by Nipsy
I was a little worried she was gonna have more problems, but as soon as I read that her 'broadband cable' was compatible, I breathed a sigh of relief.

ROFL :D

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
Is it just me or does the page not load. I get a page that says it doesnt exist.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
"Sorry, there is no Microsoft.com web page matching your request. It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or that the page no longer exists. As an option, you may visit any of the pages below for information about Microsoft services and products."

Likewise, Vector.

>I was a little worried she was gonna have more problems, but as soon as I read that her 'broadband cable' was compatible, I breathed a sigh of relief.

As soon as I found out that Microsoft, the company supporting imitations like this, removed their web page, I breathed a really big sigh of relief. :rolleyes:^2

j763

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
hehehe... looks like someone at cupertino got onto them!

From C|NET Tech News:
Microsoft "regrets" Mac-to-PC ad

Microsoft, in the wake of an Apple Computer ad campaign to woo Windows users, briefly ran a similar ad of its own.

An ad, titled "Confessions of a Mac to PC convert," was posted to Microsoft's Web site last week. The article purports to be a first-person account of a writer who decided to switch from an Apple Macintosh computer to a PC running Windows XP.

Microsoft said the posting, made by Microsoft's software marketing group, was a mistake in judgment. Microsoft "regrets the action" and said it did the right thing in removing the page. The company has no plans for an ad campaign featuring Mac to PC "converts."

click here for more...

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
haha i saw one of those commercials. Pitiful really. They cant even get it down. I mean, you can literally see the cuecards in their eyes. I guess Micro$oft really views the apple switch commercials a threat.

HAHA, bravo apple, you made Bill "Money Bags" Gates get nervious.

Keep going.. you may actually win this long fight with your uber catchy products and willingness to take hit and keep on going. Hats off to you, Mr. Jobs, may you bring down the titan which has dominated this world for far too long.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
why does a company with ninety five percent market share even bother to attack apple...are they that mean? apple market share is going down, not up!

also, doesn't microsoft make money off of office 2001 and office for os x?

ms is the second biggest developer of mac software in the world, so it does not help ms to attack apple

they should be more concerned about linux, while growing big at first, linux is still a threat because their base grows bigger slowly but surely every month

McFreggle

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2001
Dendermonde/Leuven, Belgium
Re: Picture from internet database

It seems like there are problems with clicking the URL. Well, then I will give them this way; it will be copy and paste.

Google URL:
http://216.239.53.100/search?q=cache:JmwQcVoG-ucJ:www.microsoft.com/insider/opsystems/windowsxp_setup.asp+windowsxp_setup.asp&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Image URL:
http://creative.gettyimages.com/source/search/detail.asp?source=searchResults&imageIndex=10&hdnSync=%22One+Woman+Only%3AOnly+Women%22+and+%22Coffee%3AHot+Drink%22~0%2C12%2C449%2C3%2C15%2C1%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C12287%2C0%2C1%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2Cen-us%2C1%2C%22One+Woman+Only%3AOnly+Women%22+and+%22Coffee%3AHot+Drink%22%2C389%2C257%2C1%2C&hdnCurrPage=4

k.

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
I would probably stick my neck out and say that the one advantage of a windows PC is the availability of more software in certain areas. There are certainly more games and home user applications such as garden designer programs. You're more likely to find software for connecting things like mobile phones and card readers as well.

However, if I was Microsoft I wouldn't demonstrate this 'software flexibility' by saying that they can use Internet Explorer and Office which are both available for the Mac.

That is so stupid its unbelievable!

Just my 2p.

Dobbin.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Don't you feel reeeeeeeeeeeeeally sorry for poor Microsoft? They must have searched far and wide, but they couldn't find a real user who switched from Mac OS to Windows. Awwwwwwwwww.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Originally posted by Doctor Q
Don't you feel reeeeeeeeeeeeeally sorry for poor Microsoft? They must have searched far and wide, but they couldn't find a real user who switched from Mac OS to Windows. Awwwwwwwwww.
lol u can say that again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.