PDA

View Full Version : No Audio Apple TV 2 and 2006 Sharp LCD

jctivo
Dec 6, 2011, 06:51 PM
So I am having a great time with my Apple TV 2 with my new 2011 Sharp LCD.

I wanted to watch something in another room tonight so I physically moved the Apple TV 2 to a new room with tv 2006 Sharp LCD. But I didn't get any audio.

I'm not using the same hdmi cable (hard to remove it because it's mounted so tightly).

Any ideas?
Sharp LC-40C37U from 2006 and Costco

I haven't come up with an elegant HDMI streaming solution yet.

Thank you for all of the help,
jctivo

SandboxGeneral
Dec 6, 2011, 06:58 PM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just have to recheck your connections, reseat them and also check for any damage to them.

jctivo
Dec 6, 2011, 07:04 PM
I will try it. Unfortunately, the tv is really wedged in so getting the hdmi cable in/out is really difficult.

Mac.World
Dec 7, 2011, 01:37 AM
So I am having a great time with my Apple TV 2 with my new 2011 Sharp LCD.

I wanted to watch something in another room tonight so I physically moved the Apple TV 2 to a new room with tv 2006 Sharp LCD. But I didn't get any audio.

I'm not using the same hdmi cable (hard to remove it because it's mounted so tightly).

Any ideas?
Sharp LC-40C37U from 2006 and Costco

I haven't come up with an elegant HDMI streaming solution yet.

Thank you for all of the help,
jctivo

Go to settings, then audio & video, then ensure that your audio output is set to auto. I think dolby digital and HDMI output should also be set to auto.

ftaok
Dec 7, 2011, 07:54 AM
Another possibility is that you're using the HDMI port that has the option to use the auxiliary audio connection (useful when connecting a DVI device). On my Sharp, there's a menu "toggle" for that HDMI port to go to/from HDMI audio and aux audio.

ft

jctivo
Dec 7, 2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks.

When I hook up a laptop via hdmi to the tv, it works so I was confused why the apple tv 2 might not.

I will try looking in the settings tonight.

jctivo

jctivo
Dec 10, 2011, 08:12 PM
I changed a few audio settings on the apple tv 2 like 16 bit audio and it worked.

Not sure which one did it but it worked.

thanks.
jctivo