PDA

View Full Version : Flipboard for iPhone/iPod released!

phillytim
Dec 7, 2011, 06:29 AM
Yeah! This sweet news/reader app that formats pages in a more readable fashion is now available for us non-iPad owners!

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/12/07/flipboard-for-iphone-released/

Flipboard, the popular personal magazine app that's been tremendously successful on the iPad, has been updated to a universal version that now also works on the iPhone and iPod touch. Other features included in the latest Flipboard update include:

Cover Stories for iPhone, a selection of interesting articles and photos being shared with you right now. And it gets smarter every time you use it. (Coming soon to iPad.)

Speed. Flip through pages as you would through a printed magazine, all with the flick of a thumb.

Flipboard Accounts: Sign into your Flipboard from either iPhone or iPad and get instant access to all your favorite content. Check out All Timelines. Flip through a single feed containing all articles and all photos being shared across all your social networks.

jutte64
Dec 7, 2011, 08:55 AM
anyone having problems with twitter on this? cant get it to load anything.

joshuaginter
Dec 7, 2011, 09:51 AM
I am having problems all over the board with this app. I am new to Flipboard, so I have to create a new Flipboard to start. And when I choose categories and hit "done", all I get is a message saying "Can not build Flipboard. Check your internet connection and try again."

My internet is working just fine. I reinstalled the app, checked other apps to make sure they are working fine and checked my router firewall to see if anything was wonky.

Hope this is a bug they will iron out.

LSUtigers03
Dec 7, 2011, 09:53 AM
I am having problems all over the board with this app. I am new to Flipboard, so I have to create a new Flipboard to start. And when I choose categories and hit "done", all I get is a message saying "Can not build Flipboard. Check your internet connection and try again."

My internet is working just fine. I reinstalled the app, checked other apps to make sure they are working fine and checked my router firewall to see if anything was wonky.

Hope this is a bug they will iron out.

I'm having the same problem. The app was great on my ipad but is unuseable right my iphone.

maflynn
Dec 7, 2011, 09:53 AM
Being discussed here
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1288041