PDA

View Full Version : MBA 2011 freezes --> needs hard reboot

enigma2k
Dec 7, 2011, 08:56 AM
Hi,

I have a MBA 2011 13" connected to a Thunderbolt display and once every 3 days it fully freezes so I can't move my mouse or use the keyboard anymore. Closing the lid does not put it to sleep, instead the Apple just keeps lighting.
The only thing I can do is holding the "off-button" on the right corner for a few seconds so it is forced to shut down.

Anybody else with this issue and maybe a solution?

theSeb
Dec 7, 2011, 09:00 AM
Hi,

I have a MBA 2011 13" connected to a Thunderbolt display and once every 3 days it fully freezes so I can't move my mouse or use the keyboard anymore. Closing the lid does not put it to sleep, instead the Apple just keeps lighting.
The only thing I can do is holding the "off-button" on the right corner for a few seconds so it is forced to shut down.

Anybody else with this issue and maybe a solution?
We could try and diagnose the solution step by step, but your computer is under warranty. It shouldn't be doing that so I would take it back to Apple and get them to fix it.

enigma2k
Dec 7, 2011, 09:15 AM
We could try and diagnose the solution step by step, but your computer is under warranty. It shouldn't be doing that so I would take it back to Apple and get them to fix it.

I hate giving away my computer with all my data as it is my main machine. I hope there is any simple solution to this...

theSeb
Dec 7, 2011, 11:09 AM
I hate giving away my computer with all my data as it is my main machine. I hope there is any simple solution to this...

Backup your data, then remove it or encrypt it.

The way to find out what is going on would be looking through your system logs to find out what went wrong and what was happening when the computer freezes.