PDA

View Full Version : Game suggestion?

Kurri
Dec 8, 2011, 11:18 AM
Just got a MBA i7 256gb 13", would like to get a game or two for traveling, etc.

Was thinking about getting "The Movies". How does it run? anyone have it?

I'm not a heavy gammer, just like to pick up and play for a little at a time on vacation, trips, work, etc.

any suggestions? any games to stay away from that dont run well?

miles01110
Dec 9, 2011, 12:10 AM
Angry Birds.

ajack
Dec 9, 2011, 01:57 AM
Samurai II ;-)

larmende
Dec 9, 2011, 05:50 PM
Does anybody know a game similar to AoE II that runs on an 13'' base model WITHOUT the dvd drive?

boy-better-know
Dec 9, 2011, 05:55 PM
Just get GTA vice city, 3 or san andreas off the app store. It is nice to dip in and out of when you have half an hour free.

adamtj11
Dec 9, 2011, 06:19 PM
Does anybody know a game similar to AoE II that runs on an 13'' base model WITHOUT the dvd drive?

CIV 5 , in the app store, runs on 11" so I assume it will run on the 13"

fireworksdesign
Dec 10, 2011, 12:04 AM
WOW - its an old game but its constantly upgraded, i have tried the trial up to level 20 and all i could say is I wish I could have reached the higher levels, its a well crafted game , very addictive.

Battlestar Gallactica - this is a free to play game, although you can buy exclusive items, etc. Controls are responsive , you need to be on the higher levels if you wish to join raids, you can " space jump " to the enemy bases if there's a high level player on your team, but you die easily like less than 5 secs. lol . the fleet battles are awesome.

Uberstrike - another free to play game, with some exlusive items, weapons, costumes if you pay real cash. It's a nice fps but you get bored easily with some of the maps, there are tons of players though.

Dead Frontier - A nice zombie survival game, you need to pay cash for exclusive items, etc.

2IS
Dec 10, 2011, 12:07 AM
If you want to try games that would otherwise not run or run like crap on an MBA you really should check out On-Live. Its essentially made for laptops like the MBA. You do need a decent internet connection for it though.

snowwhite007
Dec 10, 2011, 03:32 AM
iff you go for GTA get vice city only one that runs well on the air:D

faustfire
Dec 10, 2011, 04:12 AM
Check out bastion, it is really an excellent game, and now will run directly in chrome!:D

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/09/play-bastion-in-your-chrome-browser-right-now/

larmende
Dec 12, 2011, 01:43 PM
I had a look around and Civ V is supposed to be really slow on the MBA once the cloud of war decreases and the number of units increases.

I am not a shooter person, and not a GTA fan at all. On my PC I was playing AoE II; AoE III and C&C3 Red Allert. As well as football manager from about 2002 :D

If I see it correctly they are all available on Mac, but all need the external drive? I want to be able to play even if not connected to the web. And I have no clue about steam.

Durious
Dec 30, 2011, 07:09 PM

Rome: Total War... runs on the 11" fine and is available on the mac app store. Much better than Civ \ AoE

toxictrix
Dec 30, 2011, 07:11 PM
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Won game of the year and is a great time waster. I also am a pretty casual gamer and this game is just amazing.

lippyt
Dec 30, 2011, 10:39 PM
Asphalt 6. Banal racing style game that can burn some time.

Maven1975
Dec 30, 2011, 11:01 PM
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Won game of the year and is a great time waster. I also am a pretty casual gamer and this game is just amazing.

You have a 2010 or 2011 Air?