PDA

View Full Version : is Fios easy to set up with a mac?

davelanger
Dec 9, 2011, 10:13 PM
Is Fios easy to set up with a mac? I want to switch to fios but I just want to make sure there will not be any issues since I have a mac and it always seems the tech guys never know what to do when there is a mac involved. Its a mac pro and not a laptop if that matters.

miles01110
Dec 10, 2011, 12:39 AM
Fios really has nothing to do with OS X or Windows. As long as they give you a modem with an ethernet port you should be fine.

rdowns
Dec 10, 2011, 08:06 AM
There are many threads on here on this issue. As I recall, there have been issues when using an Airport router with their modem. Set up the Airport in bridge mode to avoid issues.

davelanger
Dec 10, 2011, 10:03 AM
Ok thanks I want to use ethernet anyways so I guess i will be fine

gouda272
Dec 10, 2011, 09:19 PM
Ok thanks I want to use ethernet anyways so I guess i will be fine

Welcome to FiOS ! Its awesome. I use a few different routers on my FiOS service and my wife's MAC connects to the FiOS router just fine with wireless without making any special changes to it.

davelanger
Dec 11, 2011, 09:59 AM
Welcome to FiOS ! Its awesome. I use a few different routers on my FiOS service and my wife's MAC connects to the FiOS router just fine with wireless without making any special changes to it.

Thanks, I am saying 70 bucks a month for more stations (better quality) and faster internet, over comcast.

ctakim
Dec 11, 2011, 02:51 PM
Working well for me with a FIOS network, including MOCA converters for wired Ethernet over cable wiring.