Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2011
So my 2010 MBA screen is a bit loose. it bends backwards too easily and is has been getting progressively worse. When I called the genius bar they werent able to answer my question without seeing the machine first. Although I understand that policy, my question seems fairly simple.

For a loose hinge do i leave the machine with them and they fix it and i pick it up, or do they give me a new machine? Issue is that if its the previous, then I cannot do it anytime soon, because I need my mba for work this month. If its the second however, I will need to make a backup of everything (also not favorable).

Being that the nearest apple store is 2 hours away from where I currently live, hence, i am looking for an answer rather than going in...

ezramoore

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2006
Washington State
For a loose hinge do i leave the machine with them and they fix it and i pick it up, or do they give me a new machine?

They will be replacing the clutch, you will get your machine back. Instead of driving two hours you could always arrange a mail in repair.

Depending on the store, they may mail it in to a repair center anyway.

If you are looking for the best info, call your nearest Apple store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.