PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Clock which wakes up the Mac?

deepakvrao
Dec 12, 2011, 07:49 AM
Tried Alarm Clock 2, Apimac Timer, and MP3Alarm but none work when the Air is in sleep mode. Any suggestions? Free preferably or something a bit more reasonable than 20 dollars :)

ejisfun
Dec 12, 2011, 08:21 AM
Are you able to schedule the computer to wake up before the alarm (via energy saver in preferences) so that the computer would be awake when the alarm goes off?

GGJstudios
Dec 12, 2011, 09:11 AM
Tried Alarm Clock 2, Apimac Timer, and MP3Alarm but none work when the Air is in sleep mode. Any suggestions? Free preferably or something a bit more reasonable than 20 dollars :)
You can do this with iCal. As mentioned, set up Energy Saver settings to wake at a certain time, then have an iCal event with an alarm go off. The alarm can be any audio file you want. Total cost (including tax) = $0.00.

orfeas0
Dec 12, 2011, 11:05 AM

Alarm clock 2 works for me (Alarm Clock, written by Robbie Hanson).
But it works when it's asleep with the lid open. I think it gets bugged with the lid closed (it wakes, then sleeps, then wakes, then sleeps etc).

deepakvrao
Dec 12, 2011, 11:12 AM
Alarm clock 2 works for me (Alarm Clock, written by Robbie Hanson).
But it works when it's asleep with the lid open. I think it gets bugged with the lid closed (it wakes, then sleeps, then wakes, then sleeps etc).

Same here. Exactly the same issue.