PDA

View Full Version : Is the ethernet adaptor in the box?

goMac
Dec 14, 2011, 08:12 PM
So I'm looking here at a Macbook Air that I got as a gift for a family member. I ordered the ethernet adaptor with it, but the only thing I got is a Macbook Air box. Is the ethernet adaptor in there too? The place where it's going to be opened on Christmas doesn't have wifi, and account migration from the old machine is going to be over ethernet.

Intell
Dec 14, 2011, 08:13 PM
It should be in with the Air.

nissan.gtp
Dec 14, 2011, 08:14 PM
doesn't come in the standard box, so you should have another delivery on the way

GGJstudios
Dec 14, 2011, 08:18 PM
So I'm looking here at a Macbook Air that I got as a gift for a family member. I ordered the ethernet adaptor with it, but the only thing I got is a Macbook Air box. Is the ethernet adaptor in there too? The place where it's going to be opened on Christmas doesn't have wifi, and account migration from the old machine is going to be over ethernet.
Accessories you order typically come in separate boxes, not in the same box as your Mac. They often come from different places.

aristobrat
Dec 14, 2011, 08:18 PM
I don't know if they currently do this still, but when I ordered the first generation Air from the Apple Store (online), I also purchased the ethernet adapter and it came inside the Air's box, which I'd never seen done before.

goMac
Dec 14, 2011, 08:19 PM
Accessories you order typically come in separate boxes, not in the same box as your Mac. They often come from different places.

Looking at the online order, it's listing it all as one item, and saying it's delivered.

"MacBook Air 13-inch with Intel Core i7 processor and USB Ethernet Adapter"

GGJstudios
Dec 14, 2011, 08:21 PM
Looking at the online order, it's listing it all as one item, and saying it's delivered.

"MacBook Air 13-inch with Intel Core i7 processor and USB Ethernet Adapter"
Call Apple.

convergent
Dec 14, 2011, 10:23 PM
Call Apple.

Good advice. I'm sure they will have better info to answer questions about your order than we will here!

2IS
Dec 14, 2011, 11:11 PM
When I ordered my MBA with an ethernet adaptor it did not come in a seperate box, it was packaged inside the MBA box itself, this was an order placed through apples website.

That said, I also expected it to be in a seperate package so I called and they sent me another. Wasn't till later that I found it. Good thing too becuase I promptly lost one of them.

goMac
Dec 15, 2011, 12:37 AM
When I ordered my MBA with an ethernet adaptor it did not come in a seperate box, it was packaged inside the MBA box itself, this was an order placed through apples website.

That said, I also expected it to be in a seperate package so I called and they sent me another. Wasn't till later that I found it. Good thing too becuase I promptly lost one of them.

Thanks. I think I'm going to trust in Apple with this one. When I enter the part number on the box into Google, it comes back as a 13" Macbook Air with Ethernet adaptor, so I think it's in the box.

goMac
Dec 25, 2011, 01:39 PM
FYI, the adaptor was in the box. Dad is happily transferring from his old iBook right now. :)