PDA

View Full Version : Clicking thread in Forum Spy changes active tab

GGJstudios
Dec 14, 2011, 08:16 PM
OK, I'm having a "senior moment" here. I've searched because I could swear this has come up before, but I can't find it. Until today, clicking a link in Forum Spy would open that thread or user profile in a new tab in Safari, but would leave the Forum Spy thread as the active tab. Today, every time I click a thread or user name in Forum Spy, it opens in a new tab, but switches focus to that tab. I vaguely remember a setting somewhere to stop that behavior, but I can't find it. As always, I've logged out and back in, reset Safari, etc. before posting this. My relevant settings:

arn
Dec 14, 2011, 09:30 PM
OK, I'm having a "senior moment" here. I've searched because I could swear this has come up before, but I can't find it. Until today, clicking a link in Forum Spy would open that thread or user profile in a new tab in Safari, but would leave the Forum Spy thread as the active tab. Today, every time I click a thread or user name in Forum Spy, it opens in a new tab, but switches focus to that tab. I vaguely remember a setting somewhere to stop that behavior, but I can't find it. As always, I've logged out and back in, reset Safari, etc. before posting this. My relevant settings:

strange. We didn't change anything on our side.

arn

GGJstudios
Dec 14, 2011, 09:36 PM
strange. We didn't change anything on our side.

arn
After changing settings back and forth, saving changes, refreshing the Spy page, all multiple times, it's still doing the same thing. All other sites behave as they always did.

sammich
Dec 14, 2011, 09:43 PM
Anything to do with whatever viglink is? (I seem to pass through that redirect on my phone)

SandboxGeneral
Dec 14, 2011, 09:50 PM
That behavior has always been that way for me since I've been coming to MR. It happens on Safari, Firefox and Firefox for Windows in my experience. If you've had it different, you must have customized your browser in some manner.