PDA

View Full Version : Anybody with Speck/Incase/Feather Cases mind taking some pictures

ethics101
Dec 15, 2011, 01:12 AM
I'm interested in a hard shell case. Unfortunately, I hear the air versions are flimsy. Personally, I like the way they look, plus it adds protection. Post your setups. Photos welcome. :D

aeboi
Dec 15, 2011, 02:05 AM
Incase, Incipio versions are generally fine, it's the speck cases that crack easily

mine cracked, they know the cases crack yet they continue to sell them, boo speck

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3475/444pk.jpg

halledise
Dec 15, 2011, 03:01 AM
I'm interested in a hard shell case. Unfortunately, I hear the air versions are flimsy. Personally, I like the way they look, plus it adds protection. Post your setups. Photos welcome. :D

why bother?
use the Air in its natural state - that's why Apple products are so tactile in the first place - and buy a decent sleeve.
(like this ****************pUCit)

Orlandoech.com
Dec 15, 2011, 11:02 AM
why bother?
use the Air in its natural state - that's why Apple products are so tactile in the first place - and buy a decent sleeve.
(like this ****************pUCit)

^^^ What he said.

doktordoris
Dec 15, 2011, 11:07 AM
^^^ What he said.

what he said, about what he said.

And aluminium is an awesome conductor, whereas plastic is a rubbish conductor, hence its use as cable insulation. So by adding a plastic case I am sure you stop that lovely aluminium doing its heat sink job properly and so probably cause the fans to spin like mad.

calvol
Dec 15, 2011, 04:30 PM
Concur on Speck, it is junk. My bottom case tabs have all cracked and fallen off, so I just keep it in my backpack and slide the MBA into what's left of the shell for a little extra protection. The top part is ok, and I leave it on full-time to protect the screen from bending in my pack.