Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WAMozart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2005
Hello, I would like some help on choosing a desk for a PM G5
Any links would be helpful
I am looking for some kind of sturdy workstation
thanks a lot :)

sk8erboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
crateandbarrel.com
potterybarn.com
ikea.com

they all offer high quality desks.. suitable for computers and other accessories.

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
This desk from IKEA is fantastic.

IKEA Jerker Desk

That desk has several add-ons for desktops and other standard desk-related accessories. I really like this model because the steel coating is a very close match to the current aluminum shades of the PB and PM line.

It's a very sturdy desk as well; a friend of mine has had his for years and it shows minimal wear and is comfortably strong. I just wish I had found this model before I purchased a desk of my own. Arg!

ArcticFox

macrumors member
May 22, 2005
Newberg, OR
I'm using a big L desk with an (not being used currently) keyboard tray that works great. Have fun putting one together though, it's a total nightmare. This one holds 2, and soon to be three, computers and monitors plus all the junk I feel is necessary for nerd.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Here ya go! :D

oval-office-new.jpg

DSCF0003-med.jpg

rugonnaeatthat

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
before you buy take some measurements as my desk is about an inch too short which can get annoying!

You should be looking at the top of the monitor (eye level with the top) and since the imac is not adjustable and neither is my desk, my options consist of an ugly pile of books propping it up or a new desk. I imagine you have the same problem with a lack of adjustment with your cinema display so buyer beware.

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
Studio RTA Apollo Corner Computer Tower

Here is the desk I have. Conserves space and looks good.

link

Nuc

WAMozart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2005
Thanks Guys for your links i found some cool desks i am now trying to compare the to what i want i never KNEW these sites exisisted :eek: IF any body has anymore links (post them please) so i can narrow down my search THANKS ! :)

camomac

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Left Coast
MacHarne said:
This desk from IKEA is fantastic.

IKEA Jerker Desk

That desk has several add-ons for desktops and other standard desk-related accessories. I really like this model because the steel coating is a very close match to the current aluminum shades of the PB and PM line.

It's a very sturdy desk as well; a friend of mine has had his for years and it shows minimal wear and is comfortably strong. I just wish I had found this model before I purchased a desk of my own. Arg!

yeah then you can become apart of the JERKER club.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
WAMozart said:
Thanks Guys for your links i found some cool desks i am now trying to compare the to what i want i never KNEW these sites existed :eek: IF any body has anymore links (post them please) so i can narrow down my search THANKS ! :)

What desks have you narrowed your interest? I think that ergonomics should be an important consideration. Along with customer service and standing of the company.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I saw that Jerker desk. Unfortunately for me it is the wrong color wood. :(
I am having one custom built right now that fits my piano in where the keyboard drawer would be. Nothing fancy. If the price is right I'll get it.
otherwise it'll be a 60" wide, 29" deep desk with three drawers on either side.
Simple, but since I am in my family room I don't want to clash with my decor. :)

WAMozart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2005
Guys if you have any more sites please post them any site that sells desks would be fine i really need a new desk that is the only thing holding me off of my PowerMac purchase I still can't find THE ONE :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.