PDA

View Full Version : FCP HD upgrade Problem

SuperVillain
Jun 2, 2005, 04:04 PM
Im trying to upgrade my fcp3 on my g5 to 4.5 hd, but when it ask for my code and i enter it the "ok" button stays ghosted. am i doing something wrong?
Let it be noted that i am using the upgrade disk from my office to my home ( i know, but im not paying twice for the same prog) so i cant really call apple.
Please someone help me
Thanks

virus1
Jun 2, 2005, 04:48 PM
Im trying to upgrade my fcp3 on my g5 to 4.5 hd, but when it ask for my code and i enter it the "ok" button stays ghosted. am i doing something wrong?
Let it be noted that i am using the upgrade disk from my office to my home ( i know, but im not paying twice for the same prog) so i cant really call apple.
Please someone help me
Thanks
grab it off the net. i know its not really legal or w/e.. but that is what i did for soundtrack pro. i got soundtrack when i bought fcp, so i then bought a soundtrack pro upgrade, but wouldn't accept my fcp serial, so i got a soundtrack serial off the good ol internet and got it that way. i don't feel bad about it because i did legally have the rights to it.

LethalWolfe
Jun 2, 2005, 06:37 PM
Please someone help me
Thanks

What "kind" of FCP3 is it? Full program or upgrade? Retail or academic/NFR?

You also might want to try this link. There can be bumps in the upgrade road. Link (http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_4_upgrade_phil.html)

Lethal

Rod Rod
Jun 2, 2005, 09:08 PM
Please someone help me
Thanks
Just hit the space bar after typing in the serial. Then the "ok" button should turn blue.

Phat_Pat
Jun 2, 2005, 09:47 PM
The Code for that disc MUST be right for the icon to turn pressable

JeDiBoYTJ
Jun 2, 2005, 11:31 PM
If I remember correctly, i had to hit the space bar once after typing in my serial for FCP4 for it to accept.

SuperVillain
Jun 3, 2005, 12:05 AM
thanks guys solved the problem by just going with the first first suggestion. its really strange. the fcp3 i had was he full retail version and i was upgrading to 4.5 hd but the serial on the box didnt work? :confused:
now im having the same problem with my dvd studio pro 2 upgrade :mad:
:confused: