Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperVillain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Im trying to upgrade my fcp3 on my g5 to 4.5 hd, but when it ask for my code and i enter it the "ok" button stays ghosted. am i doing something wrong?
Let it be noted that i am using the upgrade disk from my office to my home ( i know, but im not paying twice for the same prog) so i cant really call apple.
Please someone help me
Thanks

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
SuperVillain said:
Im trying to upgrade my fcp3 on my g5 to 4.5 hd, but when it ask for my code and i enter it the "ok" button stays ghosted. am i doing something wrong?
Let it be noted that i am using the upgrade disk from my office to my home ( i know, but im not paying twice for the same prog) so i cant really call apple.
Please someone help me
Thanks
grab it off the net. i know its not really legal or w/e.. but that is what i did for soundtrack pro. i got soundtrack when i bought fcp, so i then bought a soundtrack pro upgrade, but wouldn't accept my fcp serial, so i got a soundtrack serial off the good ol internet and got it that way. i don't feel bad about it because i did legally have the rights to it.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
SuperVillain said:
Please someone help me
Thanks

What "kind" of FCP3 is it? Full program or upgrade? Retail or academic/NFR?

You also might want to try this link. There can be bumps in the upgrade road. Link

Lethal

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
SuperVillain said:
Please someone help me
Thanks
Just hit the space bar after typing in the serial. Then the "ok" button should turn blue.

SuperVillain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2005
thanks guys solved the problem by just going with the first first suggestion. its really strange. the fcp3 i had was he full retail version and i was upgrading to 4.5 hd but the serial on the box didnt work? :confused:
now im having the same problem with my dvd studio pro 2 upgrade :mad:
:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.