Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muffinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
San Diego, California
I do not like how apple did not put an adaptor. when i got the mini, i was like, "oh its okay, i can charge it with the computer." but when i got it, it was a pain in the butt. you have to leave your computer on for 4 hours while charging. i'm the kind of person that turns their computer off after using it, and i dont like the idea of my computer to be running for 4 hours. They should have gotten rid of the belt clips first when they were takings things out to lower the price.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
muffinman said:
and i dont like the idea of my computer to be running for 4 hours. They should have gotten rid of the belt clips first when they were takings things out to lower the price.

You're joking right? 4Hrs. My computer stays on for months.

The point of Apple not including a power adapter was beaten to death when the current generation was announced.

The fact is that it was used to keep price down.

muffinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
San Diego, California
Daveway said:
The point of Apple not including a power adapter was beaten to death when the current generation was announced.

What do you mean when you say "the current generation." I was refering to the 2nd generation mini

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
muffinman said:
What do you mean when you say "the current generation." I was refering to the 2nd generation mini

I thought the second generation iPod mini *is* the current generation. Didn't the original iPod mini, like the full-size iPod, come with a wall charger?

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
mkrishnan said:
I thought the second generation iPod mini *is* the current generation. Didn't the original iPod mini, like the full-size iPod, come with a wall charger?

Yes, Mohan is right. The current generation is the 2nd and the 1st generation did come with wall adapters.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Yeah...

muffinman said:
I do not like how apple did not put an adaptor. when i got the mini, i was like, "oh its okay, i can charge it with the computer." but when i got it, it was a pain in the butt. you have to leave your computer on for 4 hours while charging. i'm the kind of person that turns their computer off after using it, and i dont like the idea of my computer to be running for 4 hours. They should have gotten rid of the belt clips first when they were takings things out to lower the price.

Sorry man, but what the heck kind of computer do you have that you don't like to leave on for four measly hours? I'm not sure that my powerbook has been OFF for more than four hours in a year...
And the Apple power adapters are only $30...not exactly going to break the bank...

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
appleretailguy said:
Sorry man, but what the heck kind of computer do you have that you don't like to leave on for four measly hours? I'm not sure that my powerbook has been OFF for more than four hours in a year...
And the Apple power adapters are only $30...not exactly going to break the bank...

Is the USB port powered while the computer is sleeping? My computer is on continuously, but not always awake.... This doesn't apply to me, as I have a charger and FW anyway, but I just wondered, as it might be the OP's concern.

muffinman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
San Diego, California
appleretailguy said:

Well, I just do not like to leave my computer on if i am not using it. I like to conserve energy, anything wrong with that? I know many people who do the same as I.

Does anybody know if 2nd generation minis can do on the go playlists?

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Hmm...

It actually takes LESS energy to leave your computer on for a day than to constantly turn it off and on...

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
mkrishnan said:
Is the USB port powered while the computer is sleeping? My computer is on continuously, but not always awake.... This doesn't apply to me, as I have a charger and FW anyway, but I just wondered, as it might be the OP's concern.

That's what i do before i put my PB to sleep i sync my ipod and then eject it and close the lid and it still charges..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.