PDA

View Full Version : logitech mx900 and macs

treysmay
Jun 4, 2005, 12:22 AM
I was at future shop yesterday looking for a new mouse. I saw the Logitech mx900 sitting there and really considered buying it considering it was $dollars Canadian cheaper than the mx1000. But on the box it said only windows compatible. I thought BT was universal. :confused:
Anyways if it does work with Mac do you need the base station or will it just work fine without it, ex as a laptop mouse.

YS2003
Jun 4, 2005, 10:28 PM
If your Mac has a BT, you can hook up Logitech MX 900 BT with your Mac in less than 10 secs, without the docking station. I use it with my 12" PB as I don't want to plug in and out the cord for the wired or base-station-type mouse. You cannot use the installation CD which comes with the mouse, though (because it is for only MS Windows). However, you can program a few bottons on the Logitech BT mouse for the Expose through System Preference (you can assign 3 expose hot keys to your mouse bottons). My 12" PB and Logitech MX900 works like a good couple. The only downside is MX900 does not tell you the battery status as it is only available for PC.

DXoverDY
Jun 4, 2005, 11:00 PM
yup works great with a mac.

my only problem is battery life.. it's pretty bad. i hear the mx1000 is A LOT better.

oh and you'll have to have the base setup for recharging the batteries in the mouse, at least have it plugged into the wall.