PDA

View Full Version : Plex - Apple TV 2 (ui)

5piN
Jan 3, 2012, 05:12 PM
I'm thinking about getting an Apple TV and jailbreaking, but wanted to know does the Plex plug-in allow you to delete content on the machine hosting the Plex server from within the Apple TV ui?

After watching something i don't intend to keep i like to delete straight away as by the time I'm back on my hosting PC i often end up forgetting!

cjb287
Jan 3, 2012, 07:42 PM
No unfortunately you can't delete anything from within the ATV Plex client. This is often a requested feature. Whether or not they implement it in a future beta release is anyone's guess. I doubt it though since the idea is all file changes should be handled on the server itself

5piN
Jan 3, 2012, 09:20 PM
No unfortunately you can't delete anything from within the ATV Plex client. This is often a requested feature. Whether or not they implement it in a future beta release is anyone's guess. I doubt it though since the idea is all file changes should be handled on the server itself

Shame! ... any idea if XBMC has this functionality seeing as its a little bit more than a plug-in?

cjb287
Jan 4, 2012, 09:43 AM
hmm I'm not too sure about that one.This XBMC thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=80849) seems to suggest so. I tried the XBMC media centre but the PLEX interface is superior IMO. XBMC has been around a lot longer though (PLEX is based on it) so you can do a lot more with it.

iTalkappleosx
Jan 4, 2012, 12:08 PM
The reason why we can't delete anything from the Apple TV UI, is because the new generation of Apple TV's, don't have a internal storage.:apple:

roidy
Jan 4, 2012, 12:55 PM
The reason why we can't delete anything from the Apple TV UI, is because the new generation of Apple TV's, don't have a internal storage.:apple:

That has nothing to do with the OP's question, the OP's wants to know if the ATV2 Plex client can delete content from the Plex server which is located on a seperate computer, and so has nothing to do with the internal storage of the ATV2.