PDA

View Full Version : apples industrial design

treysmay
Jun 7, 2005, 09:29 AM
any guess on how apple's industrial design will turn out with intel?

cube
Jun 7, 2005, 09:32 AM
Who cares about the outside, when inside it's crap?

iGary
Jun 7, 2005, 09:35 AM
Who cares about the outside, when inside it's crap?

I'm sure you'll be buying a Winblows machine, then. See ya.

cube
Jun 7, 2005, 09:46 AM
I'm sure you'll be buying a Winblows machine, then. See ya.

Sun. As I should have done instead of coming to the Mac.

Mr. Anderson
Jun 7, 2005, 10:10 AM
I don't think you'll see anything different in terms of what they do - its still going to look good - even if the current G5 Tower isn't used for the new machines.

There are no rules, so to speak. We'll just have to wait and see. My guess is that they'll do something unique.

D

Jo-Kun
Jun 7, 2005, 10:37 AM
in a way I don't think we ned to worry... mac's will rmeain great in design & probably even great in Hardware... they will continue to do as they do now: they choose good hardware to put into the computer

why are a lot of pc's crap... 1. ok windows os hehe

and now seriously:
because there are a lot of people & cheapo pc manufacturors that use cheap parts wich make a computer wich might be build around a great running processor a slow piece of crap.

just to compare before I had my first Mac I allso was a PC user.
I bought a PII 450 with only good branded hardware and a great motherboard... later on a friend bought a cheapo PIII 800 wich was beaten to death in performance by mine... why?? well they did buy a PII motherboard wich 'could' handle a PIII... its all about hardware choices and I don't think apple can/will afford to go the cheapo crap route

Sun Baked
Jun 7, 2005, 10:46 AM
any guess on how apple's industrial design will turn out with intel?This is the most exciting thing about the switch.

Look how many Windows users like the Macs, but cannot afford them as they are today.

How many people would have bought those machines, based on Apple's Industial Design, if it was a Apple PC instead?

In the world of Dell PC vs Apple PC -- the Apple PC would probably still sell even it was a couple/few hundred dollars more than the Dell.

One is a premium PC, the other a cheap POS.

modernpixel
Jun 7, 2005, 10:57 AM
I don't see how the chip would make any difference. Except maybe they won't need 600lb heat sinks and 55 fans in a Power Mac filled with holes. That would be awesome. Also - I wouldn't cut my hand everytime I had to reach inside the damned thing. If Intels do run cooler, we should get smaller form factors and more open machines (in terms of internal space.)

I'm sure they'll always be pretty to look at. Jobs is way too much of a design snob to make crappy boxes.