PDA

View Full Version : First & last page buttons on the MR mobile site

mrsir2009
Jan 26, 2012, 08:53 PM
Hi,

I use the MR mobile site a fair bit on my iPhone when I'm away from home, and when using the forums the lack of first/last page buttons on threads makes navigating to the end of long threads almost impossible... (you have to keep going next next next next next next to get to the end...) I understand that the mobile site is designed to be more simple than the desktop site, so perhaps instead of having all the page numbers there could just be a Frist Page & Last Page buttons?

-Thank you! :)

WildCowboy
Jan 30, 2012, 09:11 AM
Unfortunately, we currently use a standard software package for the mobile forums that isn't very customizable. It has a number of issues with it, and we're planning to move away from it at some point.

SandboxGeneral
Jan 30, 2012, 09:18 AM
Unfortunately, we currently use a standard software package for the mobile forums that isn't very customizable. It has a number of issues with it, and we're planning to move away from it at some point.

Are you going to move away from it altogether or will you also be replacing it with something else?

Menel
Jan 30, 2012, 09:21 AM
Tapatalk is amazing.

I turned my nose up to paying for the first 10-11mo of owning iPhone, well worth it.

mrsir2009
Jan 30, 2012, 04:01 PM
Tapatalk is amazing.

I turned my nose up to paying for the first 10-11mo of owning iPhone, well worth it.

Yeah I've got that now :)

WildCowboy
Jan 31, 2012, 02:05 PM
Are you going to move away from it altogether or will you also be replacing it with something else?

The plan is to replace it with something else. Whether that's based on a mobile skin that comes as part of vBulletin 4 or some other solution has yet to be decided as far as I know.

WiForums has been useful for mobile access, but carries a number of headaches that we'd like to get rid of.