PDA

View Full Version : Can I get this off the metal antenna band?

it1294
Feb 2, 2012, 08:22 PM
Hey guys,

I've done a ton of web searching, but can't seem to find anyone that has a real solution to get rid of this thing

Does anyone know a way to get rid of this, It's very annoying and I feel like it depreciates the value, I got it from having an otterbox on.

I appreciate your help. Thank You

bandofbrothers
Feb 3, 2012, 09:21 AM
Hey guys,

I've done a ton of web searching, but can't seem to find anyone that has a real solution to get rid of this thing

Does anyone know a way to get rid of this, It's very annoying and I feel like it depreciates the value, I got it from having an otterbox on.

I appreciate your help. Thank You

There are videos on utube explaining on how to clean the antenna band by doing a type of scratch up clean.

Arelunde
Feb 3, 2012, 09:59 AM
Have you tried alcohol on a Q-tip? Generallly, this will clean up metal connectors and might work for your situation. Make sure the Q-tip is wet, but not drippy.

it1294
Feb 3, 2012, 11:32 AM
Thank you for the advice, I've tried alchohol and stainless steel cleaner and it hasn't worked. Another problem is that it is so close to the speaker that I don't wanna get something in there.

Also, bandofbrothers, I've searched all through YouTube there is no video I could find that help my situation

maliu
Feb 3, 2012, 11:35 PM
I've used a pin head sized dab of toothpaste to polish my band. Not enough to get in anywhere. It worked great, mild abrasive.

911turbo
Feb 4, 2012, 12:20 AM
try alcohol first... good luck