PDA

View Full Version : Thank you to Arn and the MR staff

FloatingBones
Feb 8, 2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks to Arn and the staff for their reporting about the problems with Snow Leopard and PowerPC software this weekend. I was helping a SL user who reported that MS Office 2004 started hanging unpredictably. This was rather baffling to debug until I found these reports.

I remember when Apple announced the Intel machines in 2005. I was shocked at the seamless operation of Rosetta. That took a tremendous amount of engineering and QA/test to have that transition work so smoothly. There may have been glitches with some PowerPC software, but I never saw any of them -- until a few days ago. I'm certain Apple has put measures in place to not drop the ball on this again.

For better or worse, users will be running old software. I read MR to stay up on the industry; getting a clue on the root cause of this problem was just bonus territory.

Thank you.

Shrink
Feb 8, 2012, 10:14 AM
Well, if thanks are being handed out, let me add mine for MR's providing information about the recent Lion delta 10.7.3 software update screw up..

Aside from supplying a forum where the problems could be posted quickly, informing the less sophisticated among us (read: me) a place to be alerted to watch for problems, MR also made it easier for the unsophisticated among us (read: me) to easily download the combo fix.

Now. I suggest we take care about all these compliments. Arn et al will get swelled heads and demand that we start calling him Your Majesty, demand time off to actually have a life, and begin to insist that all posts make sense. Disaster!!! :rolleyes: :D ;)

Macman45
Feb 8, 2012, 10:19 AM
^^

Post's making sense? Sounds good to me...:D

FloatingBones
Feb 8, 2012, 11:09 AM
Now. I suggest we take care about all these compliments. Arn et al will get swelled heads and demand that we start calling him Your Majesty, demand time off to actually have a life, and begin to insist that all posts make sense. Disaster!!! :rolleyes: :D ;)

The Withings body scale (http://www.withings.com/en/bodyscale/features) can be configured to auto-tweet your weight. Is there anything that will auto-tweet your head size? :p