PDA

View Full Version : UIActivityIndicator in navbar

nashyo
Feb 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I have set up a UIActivityIndicator and I've positioned it in the centre of my UIWebView. It works fine, but I'd really like it up in the nav bar. I know how to do this in code, without a storyboard. But does anyone know how to do it with storyboard?

I can't simply drag and drop into the nav bar. Maybe this is a limitation?

dejo
Feb 11, 2012, 01:39 PM
If you're gonna put it in the navBar, maybe you should instead just turn on the one built into the status bar.

P.S. That'll need to be done in code, though.

nashyo
Feb 11, 2012, 01:47 PM
If you're gonna put it in the navBar, maybe you should instead just turn on the one built into the status bar.

P.S. That'll need to be done in code, though.

Ah that's a better idea. Thanks

PhoneyDeveloper
Feb 11, 2012, 04:07 PM
The progress indicator in the status bar has the meaning of progress during a network connection. If that's your meaning then it's a good idea. Otherwise it's not a good idea.

Scott90
Feb 11, 2012, 04:20 PM
The progress indicator in the status bar has the meaning of progress during a network connection. If that's your meaning then it's a good idea. Otherwise it's not a good idea.

Well, considering he's talking about a UIWebView, there is probably some network communication going on.

jnoxx
Feb 13, 2012, 02:34 AM
Then i'd suggest using the standard UINetworkIndicator on your UIApplication (build in), and maybe another one on top of your UIWebview, which will be removed on the Delegate callback of webview didfinishloading

nashyo
Feb 13, 2012, 01:38 PM
Then i'd suggest using the standard UINetworkIndicator on your UIApplication (build in), and maybe another one on top of your UIWebview, which will be removed on the Delegate callback of webview didfinishloading

This is great thanks